building a drag banshee!

oneslowshee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't even touched on exhaust yet, but if your going to ride Pismo most of the time make sure you buy exhaust that has silencers. Will keep the rangers off your ass!

i have never even seen a ranger at the drag strip,, and i plan on trailering the bike out there... if they come out to the drag strip i will juust let thebike sit...

i have never even seen a ranger at the drag strip,, and i plan on trailering the bike out there... if they come out to the drag strip i will juust let thebike sit...

Yeah, they go out there sometimes. And yeah, if you got a traditional override, you cant let off the gas without pulling the clutch. I know it has been said, but just to reinforce, make sure you get a duneable override so you can let off.

Yeah, they go out there sometimes. And yeah, if you got a traditional override, you cant let off the gas without pulling the clutch. I know it has been said, but just to reinforce, make sure you get a duneable override so you can let off.

ok well everything is apart i dont know weather to go through dakogejr has 3-4 wk wait time more then likely will go though him if he pms me back. or wcr i found a 1-4 on ebay that seems like its a pretty good deal. but i rather buy new...

Sorry...I was at my buddy's house all day putting my motor together (by chance the same guy that cuts trannies.)

PM'd you the info...but I'll tell you my 3-4 weeks is a true 3-4 weeks. Not 5-8 weeks.

It's only fair to be 100% honest up front...so you have the info, let me know.

Sorry...I was at my buddy's house all day putting my motor together (by chance the same guy that cuts trannies.)

PM'd you the info...but I'll tell you my 3-4 weeks is a true 3-4 weeks. Not 5-8 weeks.

It's only fair to be 100% honest up front...so you have the info, let me know.

hey just wanted to let you know i found one on ebay that was cut by K&T for 400 guy said its about 1 yr old could not pass it up now i can sell mine and and have about 270 ish into an override. thanks for all the help though dajogejr.

I take my bike out there in the back of my truck. Trust me, sitting or not they get on there high horse and issue tickets. Just a word of advice. If you take it cool. If not, so be it.

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone knows how to tell if a shift fork is bad besides the obvious... bent scratch because mine look new. also does anyone know where i can get some new ones for a good price my local yamah dealer wants 80 bucks for all 3

80 a piece or 80 for all 3. 80 for all 3 doesn't sound too bad. Im pretty sure cascade sells them new if you need them. As far as sparks, I have never been checked for those at Pismo, but they can bust you for it. I think that if you have silencers they will probably be enough, but you know how that goes. Im pretty sure the clamp on sparkys designed for the T5's will work on shearer silencers though if you want to be 100% safe. I am going to look for a set just to take with me if the rangers are in full dick mode.

hey just wanted to let you know i found one on ebay that was cut by K&T for 400 guy said its about 1 yr old could not pass it up now i can sell mine and and have about 270 ish into an override. thanks for all the help though dajogejr.

are you sure its a dunable override? not all the builders out there are cutting dunable style overrides......

you have to be carefull with a regular override cause they bend forks easier than dunables....

are you sure its a dunable override? not all the builders out there are cutting dunable style overrides......

you have to be carefull with a regular override cause they bend forks easier than dunables....

i called K&t and he said the difference between the duneable is spring on the shiftforks? he said just as long as i am not beating up the tranny i should be ok, (not using the motor to slow me down.. ) he said i should be ok with an override,. non dunable especially if it is just a drag bike..and he informed me that shift forks become matanice with overrides as in every 12-15 hrs.

i called K&t and he said the difference between the duneable is spring on the shiftforks? he said just as long as i am not beating up the tranny i should be ok, (not using the motor to slow me down.. ) he said i should be ok with an override,. non dunable especially if it is just a drag bike..and he informed me that shift forks become matanice with overrides as in every 12-15 hrs.

Thats not true. I have seen a WCR duneable and normal override side by side and their is a differance in the way they cut the gears.

You can go broke in this sport trying to save money... Not sure where I seen that posted