65.50 bore to 68.00 bore need your take!

Right now i am running wiesco 65.50 bore and thinking of going to a 404/ 68.00 what kind of diff am i going to get out of it or should i just go strait to the 4 mill.Give me your take on this,i raelly dont have the cash to waste. want some sort of reliability to. THANKS :yelrotflmao:

{this is what it would be going with}

pj 34s

trinity 5 with

21 cc domes

vitos crank trued and welded

stock trans

K&n filtrer box no pods

cpi,s in my dreams if i can ever find a set in good shape LOL

Your better off going with the 4mil if your current porting is not too crazy on the port heights,the next prob is 795 series pistons only come in .020 increments,if your cylinders are out of spec for new pistons then you will be on the last bore,alot to think about especially when shit snowballs

You will notice a 4 mill more than doing big bore cylinders. Those 68mm bore cylinders do they start out at 68mm or is that the last bore?

I have a pair of 4 mill cylinders that have been resleeved with big bore sleeves. The first bore is 66mm and the last bore is 68mm. I just ran blaster pistons with a 4 mill long rod crank.

josh

SO , WELL 68 IS A 404 RIGHT , LIKE A VITOS PISTON KIT . THATS WHAT IM THINKING OF DOING AND SENDING MY JUGS OUT TO GET THEM BORED TO 68 FOR THOSE 68 VITOS. HOW RELIABLE WOULD SOMETHING LIKE THAT BE.

You will have 500 in the cylinders by just resleeving them. Then thow a port job on top of that. Most people dont resleeve due to the cost. Vito's charges 180 per cylinder for the labor alone.

josh

oK SO I THINK I SEE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ONCE AT 68 THEY HAVE TO BE RESLEEVED . SEE MY MOTOR IS GOOD NO PROBLEMS BUT I USED TO RACE MY GSXR AT THE TRACK AND I NEED SOMETHING WITH A LITTLE MORE I KNOW YOU CANT COMPARE 1000 CCS TO350 CCS BUT JUST TRYING TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW FAR I CAN GO ON STOCK CYL WITH OUT RESLEEVING BUT STILL BEING RELIABLE TO . MY 65.50 IA VERY REIABLE BUT ALL BET IM ONLY GETTING 50 HP OUT OF THAT SET UP . NEVER DYNOED BUT THATS WHAT I HEAR. I WANT TO GET INTO THE 75 HP AREA . I WOLD LIKE ALOT MORE THEN THAT BUT FIN I MUST BE REALISTIC. WOULD YOU WANT TO JUST SELL THE JUGS

Edited by gsxr to banshee

66mm is as far as I would go with stock cylinders. I thing you can get pistons up to 66.5mm but the sleeves are pretty thin.

Boring stock cylinders is the wrong way to go about getting power. You are just reducing the life of your motor.

Increasing the stroke will net the performance you are after. But that may require a new set of unported jugs or running a spacer plate.

I don't think I would re sleeve due to cost. Cylinders can be picked up on ebay fairly reasonable.

SP

the 4mill is the way to go. then, if youve gotta have a big bore, just get a cub. lets say the vitos bb kit is 500 plus about 4-500 in porting. thats $1k. a ported cub is around 1100-1200.

and before anybody says that he may not want all topend power like a cub, note that he has 34pjs wants cpi's and wants around 75hp.

Edited by volfan537240

My jugs are un ported right now and i left them that way so i could have options.those spacer plates do they blow out ever.

You have your cylinders ported for the 4 mill crank and then you dont run a spacer plate. You run domes in a cool head that have been machined for the 4 mill crank.