what is the best hooking tire?

KENDOE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on the terrain ... that is the deciding factor

you could have a set of mud tires that might work great in mud, gravel, coal, sandy dirt, and shit like that but get them on some hard packed high speed trails and they wont hook up for shit and you feel like your gona die, or take nice soft tacky GNCC's and run them in some soft gravel or shit like that and u wont hook for shit

i wont run anything but 6 ply tires , most guys here are all worried about the extra couple pounds so they hate em

if you are saying razr2's are the best hooking tire, thats probably the only aftermarket tire you have ridden on

Edited by Michael Jackson

razrs, razr 2, irazrs are all junk. overpriced, heavy and wear too quickly.

the best tires for the money are stock yfz450 tires and these

honda%20radials.JPG

i currently run 450 tires and the ohtsus will be my next tire. both are durable, hook well and are reasonably priced.

as far as dirt and grass dragging, cut knarlys are the best tire.

n108001394_30950516_6405.jpg

the best tires for the money are stock yfz450 tires and these

honda%20radials.JPG

i currently run 450 tires and the ohtsus will be my next tire. both are durable, hook well and are reasonably priced.

as far as dirt and grass dragging, cut knarlys are the best tire.

n108001394_30950516_6405.jpg

you are fuckin crazy loco ... stock 450 tires last longer than a set of razr 2's?!?!? where do the fuck do you run those stock 450 tires, a bed of feathers?those hollow knobs are shit on those tires, they would get chewed up by gravel and rock within a couple rides!! how about some stock raptor 700 tires flipped backwards? fuck your knarleys too!

I disagree alittle. Just bought a set of iRazrs. Best hooking knobbie type tire I've ever had. I've had Tamers, Holeshots, 4snows, Holeshot copies, all that crap. Pull great in heavy sand and dirt. Hook really well in grass. Almost no spinning. About 2 feet and it goes. The Ohtsus and Dunlops are a really good tire too. Don't have the puncture resistance as the iRazrs though.

you are fuckin crazy loco ... stock 450 tires last longer than a set of razr 2's?!?!? where do the fuck do you run those stock 450 tires, a bed of feathers?those hollow knobs are shit on those tires, they would get chewed up by gravel and rock within a couple rides!! how about some stock raptor 700 tires flipped backwards? fuck your knarleys too!

yes, they do. when i lived with my dad i ran them on paved roads all the time. thats how i got to my riding spot. they last. get the fuck over it.

when youve run as many tires as i have you can talk to me. until then, shut up.

the stock yfz, 400ex, and. old raptor tires are not bad for stock tires. I usually run them when not racing and riding the local trials. and I even ran 2 laps at the wisp GNCC on the stock rear yfz tires when my razrs got sliced open on the first lap. I wouldnt recomend them for anything but playing around, but they did let me finish a race at one of the worst tracks that was notorious for eating up tires

can't wait to try out the new ballance Razr

Edited by Angel ripper

yes, they do. when i lived with my dad i ran them on paved roads all the time. thats how i got to my riding spot. they last. get the fuck over it.

when youve run as many tires as i have you can talk to me. until then, shut up.

youre crazy. you hate razr 2s so much but have you owned a pair to see how long they really last? im not sticking up for the tire, but they fuckin last a LONG time, id bet my fuckin banshee a set of razr 2's would outlast stock yfz tires both riding on the same machine and terrain