got my trailer impounded today

RUDEDAWG

Well, to make a long story longer, I was driving down the road today and came up to a stoplight, a cop was behind me and pulls me over because i didn't have tags on my trailer. The cop gave me a ticket and impounded my trailer. The only shits about that is I built the trailer myself and never bothered to register it, I know ,I am a dumbass! I use the trailer to transport all our quads to our riding spots. The guy at the impound yard said that I need proof of registration and ownership to get it out, WELL now I have to take it to dmv. to get it registered and certified but I cant take it out of impound untill it is registered? WTF? Thats highway robbery if you ask me! Fuck all these clowns, I think I will just go and take it back myself about 3 or 4 in the morning and tell them all to go fuck themselves. Sorry if I seem a little clowdy, but I have been slamming beers since I got home at noon today. I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. :evil:

they got u with the bad news bears huh. well my only advice is take a pair of bolt cutters and an accurate pellet gun to shoot out the cameras b4 u go in. :thumbsup:

go rambo on those bitches.

or maybe you can call 2marrow and say you were on your way to getting it checked and registered. idk

That sucks! :down: At least they can't say you stole it though, so there is a good side at least. Other good thing is at least your rides weren't on it.

Sorry about your day.

well the problem its they CAN say he stole it. I had some stuff stolen one time, found it sitting behind some douche bags house. The officer said the dude with my stuff could have me arrested if i took it back without a police report saying it was mine. I had the police report but it wasn't in the computer yet... so i had to wait there for HOURS before i could get my shit. FUCK THE SYSTEM!!!

On a side not i thing registering trailers is the most retarted thing ever. If a cop sees one that is not safe then take it but otherwise GTFO

You should be able to pick up a temporary registration from your DMV. In Cali, you take your homemade trailers, buggy's, motorcycles...whatever to the CHP. They look it over and give you a frame number so you can register your doo-dad.

So after you sober up, hit the DMV and then wherever your state inspects/passes out VIN'S.

Hope that helps.

Good news I went to ASAP mvd express and the lady told me that she would go to impound and issue me a serial number and plates right there on the spot, she had me fill out a bill of sale and told me to just act like I just bought it. I said OK and didn't ask her any questions after that (my kinda gal)! I will be able to pick it up tomorrow morning, what a relief!

Good news I went to ASAP mvd express and the lady told me that she would go to impound and issue me a serial number and plates right there on the spot, she had me fill out a bill of sale and told me to just act like I just bought it. I said OK and didn't ask her any questions after that (my kinda gal)! I will be able to pick it up tomorrow morning, what a relief!

fuck yeah thats an awesome chick. glad to hear you got ur trailer back. now make sure you put some dam plates on that shit so u dont have to talk the the popo again. lol

fuck yeah thats an awesome chick. glad to hear you got ur trailer back. now make sure you put some dam plates on that shit so u dont have to talk the the popo again. lol

I built the trailer like seven years ago and never got caught till now, so I would say thats a whole lot cheaper than registering it every year lol!