hard starting

Im having problems starting my shee. I had it dyno tuned last year and have had problems since. i have taking it to 2 different shops and they couldnt fix it. so I did some tear down checks. I checked my reeds and one side was missing a piece. Changed it out. reeds are good, tried cleaning carbs 3 times. I bought a rebuild kit for carbs, set the floats to 21mm, put needle on middle clip, slides are in correctly,choke tube is n place and not cracked.boots are good. I have 150 lbs compression both cylinders. Got fat blue spark both spark plugs. gap is good. my jetting is 320 mains 30 pilots, screws 2 full turns out. im at around 2000 ft. My other mods are Toomey T5, vforce 2 reeds, advanced timing 4deg, coolhead 18cc domes, i run 100 octane gas 32:1 ratio. I can get it to start with starting fluid, cant use choke, any suggestions would be great. so frusturating to fight it everytime to start. thanks :blush:

I had that same problem with my blaster for awhile and it was the stator would start first kick when warmed up but go out in the morning and kick it 300 times and finally get it started..... I would deff check the stator..... Also it wouldnt have nothing to do with your plug wires being mixed up cuz no matter how you have them they both get spark and it still runs the same....

If your running 18cc domes thats some heavy port work,in my opinion 320 is way small you should be in the 360-380 range with that main jet,pilot should be fine,I think your lean for starters.You can ohm out your stator relativly easy and rule that out,take the choke mechanism out /inspect it lube it (o-ring) blow air thruogh it with carb bottom off so air can go through circiut

had 330 in last week at dunes. plugs fouled. put in 320 runs great , should i run 40:1 instead of 32:1?

Were you using the same slides with the different carbs? check the bolt-on cable retainers to see if they are covering the holes in the top of the slides. i was kicking forever and heating up my bowls to get it started in the cold, until i found that one :shoothead: 40:1 may me called for, imo. i switched from 32:1 when i jetted for my new pipes, between the smoke and overabundance of oil in my engine when i had my reeds out

What's the temp there?

Edited by AKheathen

I had that same problem with my blaster for awhile and it was the stator would start first kick when warmed up but go out in the morning and kick it 300 times and finally get it started..... I would deff check the stator..... Also it wouldnt have nothing to do with your plug wires being mixed up cuz no matter how you have them they both get spark and it still runs the same....

I'm no pro with banshee ignition system but unless they both spark at the same time every time it would matter if plug wires are mixed up. If they are mixed up and they don't both spark at the same time then the spark plug would be firing when the piston is at the bottom of the stroke instead of the top. Anyone on here know about the ignition if they just always spark at the same time or if they alternate spark like most cars and motorcycles.

I'm no pro with banshee ignition system but unless they both spark at the same time every time it would matter if plug wires are mixed up. If they are mixed up and they don't both spark at the same time then the spark plug would be firing when the piston is at the bottom of the stroke instead of the top. Anyone on here know about the ignition if they just always spark at the same time or if they alternate spark like most cars and motorcycles.

they do fire at the same time. One coil to rule them all :sorcerer: