Trail Tech Vapor

evro

Hey guys, fairly new to the site. I'm currently not riding due to a few feet of snow, in a month i should be able to ride alot more.

I've been watching the forums since buying a shee in Dec. I'm not heavily modded from a mechanical perspective, it has; DG pipes & silencers, reeds & spacers, K&N filter. I havent had a chance to get into the carbs yet so i'm not sure how shes jetted. TORS is still in tact but i hope to take care of that within the next couple weeks.

I installed a trail tech in January and snapped the head off of the magnetic rotor bolt at about 8ft/lbs. Luckily i was able to back it out with a pair of vice grips. Used JB Weld to put the head and the bolt back together. Finally got the chance to put it back in today (with some liberal amounts of loctite) and calibrate the TT. I know the speedo is fairly easy to set because i used my handheld gps to test the speed. At 60kph (37mph) on the TT, the gps was showing 62. Thats as accurate as i need it to be.

I wrapped the tach lead around the plug wire 10 times and taped it up. My idle is showing around 1300. I was wondering what kind of PPR setups you guys are using? With my mods, where would my redline be at? 7500? 8000? I don't know.

My riding will be 50% field and prairie, 40% trails (mainly open woods trails), 10% sand. What kind of temperature settings would you guys recommend tuning to? Any other advice you can think of is welcome.

Thanks in advance guys.

set your ppr to 2. i also wrapped the tach wire around the plug wire 10x but it was reading crazy high rpms. i called tt and they said just to tape it on, no wraps.

i set my redline indicator light at 10k.

i dialed in my speedo the same way you did with a handheld gps.

i set my warning light for temp at 200.

cool, thanks for the input. With ten wraps i had the PPR set at 2 and it wasn't too bad but at an idle, every 4 seconds or so the gauge would spike from 1300-1350 up to 2200-2300 but there was no audible change in RPMs. i think all i really need now is some fine tuning and it'll be good.

cool, thanks for the input. With ten wraps i had the PPR set at 2 and it wasn't too bad but at an idle, every 4 seconds or so the gauge would spike from 1300-1350 up to 2200-2300 but there was no audible change in RPMs. i think all i really need now is some fine tuning and it'll be good.

are you running the resistor plugs br8es's? ive heard that some people have to use them to stop the spikes in rpm. i dont use em and have no problem tho :shrug:

Edited by volfan537240

yeah im using the br8es...got loads of them around cause the sleds use them too. i had read in a previous post that some guys were having troubles because they weren't using the resistor type plug. the only other issue i had was with the factory mount. the renthal bars that i run dont really allow for a nice fit anywhere. the only place it fits the bars nicely, its pretty vulnerable if the quad ever lands upside down (which i hope it doesn't, but these things do happen). i saw the custom mount you had posted on an earlier thread and it looks like a really good idea. the trail tech shrouds look really sweet but i dont know that i want to spend more on an aluminum hard shroud than i did on the vapor itself.