is my carb ruined?

first off, i want to say i hate yamaha dealers, and every mechanic i have dealt with at a dealership is a fucking retard. i had a dealer install my tors kill kit a few months ago, and today, i was going to tune the bike. i was looking thru what they gave me back, and i noticed they only installed one of my dynojet needles and left one stock. so i pulled the slide out of one, and of course it had the stock needle. i put the dynojet one in, and i was ready to tune. now the idle screw that is on the choke side is really loose, like the guy screwed up when he tapped the threads. the screw will fall out while i am trying to tune it, from the vibration of the engine. it also seems like it is leaking air, until the jam nut is tighetend up against the carb. is this carb fucked now? could i use some teflon tape or something so it seals up correctly, or will it just burn up? i am not ever having anything fixed at the dealer, the only reason i brought it to them to do it was because i didnt want to screw up drilling into the carb.

first off, i want to say i hate yamaha dealers, and every mechanic i have dealt with at a dealership is a fucking retard. i had a dealer install my tors kill kit a few months ago, and today, i was going to tune the bike. i was looking thru what they gave me back, and i noticed they only installed one of my dynojet needles and left one stock. so i pulled the slide out of one, and of course it had the stock needle. i put the dynojet one in, and i was ready to tune. now the idle screw that is on the choke side is really loose, like the guy screwed up when he tapped the threads. the screw will fall out while i am trying to tune it, from the vibration of the engine. it also seems like it is leaking air, until the jam nut is tighetend up against the carb. is this carb fucked now? could i use some teflon tape or something so it seals up correctly, or will it just burn up? i am not ever having anything fixed at the dealer, the only reason i brought it to them to do it was because i didnt want to screw up drilling into the carb.

You can tape the screw up and as long as you can tighten the jam nut and the screw does not come out when you are tightening the nut you will be fine. If you are in need of a factory carb just shoot me a pm i have a few carb bodies laying around and i will send you one if you just pay for the ride my friend. I may even have one that is drilled already.

I'd take it back to them. if they screwed up you carbs make them buy you new ones. 99% of dealers will guarantee their work. If I paid someone to do work for me, weather it be on my banshee, house, or just an employee, i expect them to do what they are getting paid to do. They should AT LEAST fix them. If they try telling you nothing is wrong. Tell them your getting a second opinion from another dealer and if that dealer agrees with you they are gonna pay to fix it.

I'd take it back to them. if they screwed up you carbs make them buy you new ones. 99% of dealers will guarantee their work. If I paid someone to do work for me, weather it be on my banshee, house, or just an employee, i expect them to do what they are getting paid to do. They should AT LEAST fix them. If they try telling you nothing is wrong. Tell them your getting a second opinion from another dealer and if that dealer agrees with you they are gonna pay to fix it.

Very good point tidos i was not thinking about that.

i will take it off and bring it over to them, and see what they say, but from my experience with dealers, it wont turn out well. the parts and sales dept of this dealer is actually very good, i guess just the service dept sucks.

another thing that pisses me off about dealers, from like the 2 i have been to and asked about/had work done on my banshees, they always have one "special" guy who does all the banshee work. isnt a banshee like one of the easiest ATVs to work on? i have like no experiance working on any type of engines, and between this site and my clymers/yamaha service manuals, i can do pretty much everything. i guess i am the "special" guy who only works on banshees lol

They fucked it up make them get you new carbs and a new tors eliminator kit.

Go in very politely and tell them what you found and that you didnt do it. Tell them that you would like them to replace the carbs.

If they wont then tell them you will tell everyone not to go there. Also that you will call yamaha and complain. Also submit several internet reviews about your incounter. Try to do it with a service department full of customers. Be loud and annoying enough to where they hear you but not so bad that they call the cops. Threatening to get a lawyer works too.

..... ask me how I know....