Laid off today

lastnline75

don't sweat it Brian\Lastnline. I realized as soon as I read your reply that you were upset over bigger stuff than my cold comment and that I touched a nerve. But at the time, I figured if your going to post it in the RR section, I was gunna roost around on your Obama comment :biggrin: . It was nice of you to PM me, most guys won't go that far and the ones that do are usually the unique people that I like. I might be coming out to Texas next fall, I'll buy you a beer :beer:

Enough of that. Getting layed off is great. Its gives you more time to train for the upcoming Thunderdome battles of 2011. I'v been layed off since October !! Iv worked a full time job for literally 18 years. Iv never collected unemployment till last October. I didn't know life without waking up at 5 am and going to a job. I have it better than most people, I don't have any bills, I have a nice nest egg and I don't have much family to take care of. I went bowhunting more times this season than the last two combined. Its frickin' great. Gots all kinda time to work on the house... trout season is going to be GREAT, I'll be out for trout every morning. I'm thinking about riding my RZ west as far as I can stand it. So yea, always try to look on the bright side. :beer: You might be surprised how nice it is to be OUT of the rat race.

I hope you guys can afford to be layed off. Everyone should be prepared. I know a thing or two about the economy and the markets and this is something very big. I'v been stressing it here for a while, just how bad this economy problem is and is going to get. I don't think you'll find anyone who thinks its going to get better anytime soon. Pay off those credit cards and mortgages asap. You should try to have a six month emergency backup cash supply saved up and kept in a money market account.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea man im right there with you,BEING LAYED OFF. It sucks ass, iv been out 3 months and im fucking pissed . I was the fastes commercial and residential service plumber at my shop and cause the other two guys that i worked with have been there for 80 years. they got to keep there job. its some bowl shit i have i havea familly 2 car paymets 2 insurance payments ect,ect im fucking going under here.

:evil::evil::evil: FUCK OBAMA :evil::evil::evil: I am roostin obama and dont give a fuck. problem is you know how many parts ,services, jobs go over seas. i dont give a shit about the other countrys, fuck them all. As soon as the golden boy obama =who still never was able to come up with a birth document from a hospital= does any thing he said he was going to do i will be a sceptic of him, I VOTED FOR JOE THE PLUMBER WITH PRIDE. Any way man i hope you find some temp work just to hold you over. Times are tuff no dought about it good luck. :thumbsup:

truly sorry to you all. i dont know how you do it! i couldnt stand not waking up every morning to go to work AND GET AWAY FROM MY NAGGING WIFE!

nah... im j/k LOL! but seriously, i got laid off and was unemployed for a little over a month and i was going BONKERS! i hope you guys find work soon!

i agree with the obama comment. lets see how many jobs open up now that we are borrowing billions of dollars and upping taxes to compensate.

and im from california!

So you in the cell phone industry? lol

haha no i'm a Chemical Laboratory Technition, that's why i have so much free time at work. I'm up here 12 hour shifts so if there is nothing to test than i'm bored out my mind. I get alot of shit taken care of up here...lol

unemployment was the best thing to ever happen to me. Worked in plastics for 4 years. Shitty job with no room for advancment. Now I get almost the same amount in unemployment and have started my own shop. On top of that they pay for you to go back to school. Shit man I can do whatever I want and actually get to see daylight for the first time in 4 years. Dont get me wrong, being unemployed does hurt the ego at first. Just use it to your advantage. Milk that shit for all its worth. Do things that you have been wanting to but couldnt before. Take a break, you only live once.

i was the last welder left in my factory besides my line leader. im also the yougest. haha pissed off the old guys. i worked peace rate and on my last day they let me n my line leader go. the next day they filed bankruptcy and didnt pay us for our last whole week. they shorted me $900+!! was so pissed i took my paintball gun and cranked up my fps all the way and shot out the windows in the office. fuckers.

unemployment aint bad tho. i pressure washed the harley, mustang, go cart, shee, 4 grizzlys today. and cleaned my barn. never had time to do that b4. :biggrin:

i was the last welder left in my factory besides my line leader. im also the yougest. haha pissed off the old guys. i worked peace rate and on my last day they let me n my line leader go. the next day they filed bankruptcy and didnt pay us for our last whole week. they shorted me $900+!! was so pissed i took my paintball gun and cranked up my fps all the way and shot out the windows in the office. fuckers.

unemployment aint bad tho. i pressure washed the harley, mustang, go cart, shee, 4 grizzlys today. and cleaned my barn. never had time to do that b4. :biggrin:

Damn dude you must been makin bank then if all that shits yours!!

Damn Grizzly! i had one of those days today! first friday i have had off in a while and it was kinda nice to just hang out at the house and get to do some of the stuff i havent had time to do. fuck it i am signed up for my unemployment and just gunna relax and see what happens!got a bottle of don julio tequila that needs drinking and thats a the top of the list for tomorrow!

Damn dude you must been makin bank then if all that shits yours!!

no its all my pops pretty much but my grizz and my shee. all the other crap is his and my family's i just needed shit to do so i cleaned up. yeah im only 20 so i cant afford all that shit yet. lol

Edited by grizzly700