Need some expert opinions, help me out guys

Joey

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you have to think that you are spending more than DOUBLE the money to get the YFZ compared to the Banshee. If you were to buy the Banshee and were willing to mod it some, you could have a FAR more fun quad than a stock YFZ and still have money left over.

And for what it's worth, Banshee's are way more comfortable.

Buy the YFZ...sell it for a 500 to 1000 dollar profit, then buy a banshee and use that profit to mod it.

The YFZ is a better deal, hands down. You can find stock pipes banshees all day long for that kinda price....

This is a banshee site, so of course many will tell you to buy the banshee.

The YFZ is a stellar deal, and they're great bikes.

Buy the YFZ...sell it for a 500 to 1000 dollar profit, then buy a banshee and use that profit to mod it.

The YFZ is a better deal, hands down. You can find stock pipes banshees all day long for that kinda price....

Exactly what he said. Depending on what you wanna do with the bike you want will depend on what you wanna keep. I rode a yfz450 on a track and it feels like a caddy but if your really wanting a 2stroke banshee and wanna go FAST then buy the 450 and use the extra profit on it and get some mods.

Well you have to think that you are spending more than DOUBLE the money to get the YFZ compared to the Banshee. If you were to buy the Banshee and were willing to mod it some, you could have a FAR more fun quad than a stock YFZ and still have money left over.

And for what it's worth, Banshee's are way more comfortable.

Its not double the money though. And I do not want to mod whatever I buy other then exhaust and filter.

I am going to call the dealer in a bit to talk to the manager about both bikes

its a 2000 banshee.. it looks mint cause they cleaned the outside... who knows what problems are hiding inside it..

i would NO doubt get the yfz 450.. they normally retail here where i live for 8k$... get the yfz!! seriously!

( thats what id do atleast)

also notice the rust of the pipe from the exhaust port, and the rust by the pipe mount hangers

Edited by blaster2006

Only thing to think about is that in this economy, i doubt you will be able to turn that 450 and make that much of a profit. Its a great deal for new, but as soon as it leaves the dealer it is used period, and that is not that great of a deal for a used bike. If all you are looking for is a near stock bike with filter and pipe, i say the 450 is the way to go. Much better suspension and handling in the really tight woods type trails. I dont know why all these guys say they are uncomfortable, i ride a 2004 and i think its pretty damn comfy. I guess its all just personal opinion. Go sit on both and see what grabs you. i love banshees as much as the next guy, but for that price and for what you want, i think the 450 is the way to go.

its a 2000 banshee.. it looks mint cause they cleaned the outside... who knows what problems are hiding inside it..

i would NO doubt get the yfz 450.. they normally retail here where i live for 8k$... get the yfz!! seriously!

( thats what id do atleast)

also notice the rust of the pipe from the exhaust port, and the rust by the pipe mount hangers

damn 8 grand? they got them advertised new here for like $5900, prob get it for less too.

Only thing to think about is that in this economy, i doubt you will be able to turn that 450 and make that much of a profit. Its a great deal for new, but as soon as it leaves the dealer it is used period, and that is not that great of a deal for a used bike. If all you are looking for is a near stock bike with filter and pipe, i say the 450 is the way to go. Much better suspension and handling in the really tight woods type trails. I dont know why all these guys say they are uncomfortable, i ride a 2004 and i think its pretty damn comfy. I guess its all just personal opinion. Go sit on both and see what grabs you. i love banshees as much as the next guy, but for that price and for what you want, i think the 450 is the way to go.

Thanks for the great post

I do not plan to try and sell what I buy to turn a profit. Why would someone pay more then what I paid used when they can go to the same dealer as me and pay what I am paying? I am waiting on the manager to call me back as he is checking on some things for me. I got an exact number on the YFZ450 and he said its mine for $4830 with a full tank of gas and loaded in my truck lol.

I think I am going to buy the 450. I love the Shee but as many said there are better deals out there and I really want something newer right now. The shee may cost $2000 less but is also 8 years older and does have as nice suspension.