Radiator Paint.

SteelerBob

Wondering if anyone has any experience with painting their radiator a different color other than the usual radiator blacking. I didn't think it would be a good idea due to heat dissipation issues but found a site talking about duplicolor's new ceramic high heat engine paints. They have ceramic in them for heat dissipation. Even though it's mostly hidden, mine has overspray from the previous owner primering the frame and looks like crap. I am doing a lot of yellow accents on the restoration and thought about trying some of this in yellow. Would be a bitch to strip off though if did cause overheating issues.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

We rebuild wrecked vehicles and we always just used 500 degree black high temp paint on the older vehicles that showed some fin damage . BUT they sale it in many diffrent colors , shouldnt effect the way the radiator works at all . You can pick it up at advance auto or walmart for around 7 bux a can .

Wondering if anyone has any experience with painting their radiator a different color other than the usual radiator blacking. I didn't think it would be a good idea due to heat dissipation issues but found a site talking about duplicolor's new ceramic high heat engine paints. They have ceramic in them for heat dissipation. Even though it's mostly hidden, mine has overspray from the previous owner primering the frame and looks like crap. I am doing a lot of yellow accents on the restoration and thought about trying some of this in yellow. Would be a bitch to strip off though if did cause overheating issues.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

Just a thought..... the ceramic paint traps heat internally, thus defeating the purpose of a radiator dissipating heat. i would think it would be cooler to the touch externally but would be effective in increasing internal temps (coolant) as well. ceramic coatings dont actually reduce heat but just reflect. Its mainly used for headers etc to keep from burning wires lines etc.... just my .02, i could be totally off but something to think about.