opinions on a low >5 hour quad

looking at picking up a low hour 07 quad. this thing literally can't have more than a couple hours. I want to get the cylinders ported pretty quickly. You all think I should go ahead and put new rings in during reassembly or just go with it with the original stuff. My thoughts were to just pull the jugs, send em off and then reassemble and not replace anything in there, hell, nothing's had time to wear.

then, you all know me. i have to go with a 2-1 carb setup, that's just my style. and finish it off with some Fatties or T5s, haven't decided yet. I'd prefer some PT Hi Revs but those are hard to find and I don't want to give Duncan all my dough.

I would do a compression check, before you pull it apart.

While your in there, cant hurt to freshen it up though.

just my 2cents though.

X2, if you have to think about it, just do it. :biggrin:

besides, you don't know if it's been dry started after a long storage

I like to think out loud sometimes...

Don't worry I'll be doing a compression check and if I know me, I'll be going back in with some Pro Lites and the whole deal. I'll probably ride it for a month or so while I obtain parts then go at it all at once; pipes, head, carb, porting, pistons and reeds. I also know how I am and know the road I'll be going down... god help me. :evil:

Edited by sredish

just remember that those stock pistons dont like the extra hp/higher compression at all. I mean, they last a while, but not as much as a good forged piston.

Good to see you man, lol....want your swingarm back? Not gonna be using it anymore, gonna be running a different setup.

just remember that those stock pistons dont like the extra hp/higher compression at all. I mean, they last a while, but not as much as a good forged piston.

Good to see you man, lol....want your swingarm back? Not gonna be using it anymore, gonna be running a different setup.

hmmm, how has it held up? I'll probably pass for now, don't even have the quad yet but hopefully pretty soon, I'll be ready to start dropping the green on some goods.

hmmm, how has it held up? I'll probably pass for now, don't even have the quad yet but hopefully pretty soon, I'll be ready to start dropping the green on some goods.

It's held up great, looks just like the day I bought it from you.....literally, the only difference in how it looks is that I used your box to send another item, and its in a new box now :biggrin:

I'm gonna be climbing huge hillclimbs and need the little bit of extra length.