Shock question

badbrad

I put my new Works dual rates on today. I tightened them up and left some play. Its not to spec cause I cant find my feeler gauge. Anyway, I have 2 questions: 1. How do I adjust these damn things?I cant see no marker when I twist them or anything... I have no experience with shocks at all and I know there cant be much to them. 2. Before I installed these, when my bike is on flat ground and I lift up the front end there seems to be like 1-1 1/2 inches of extra hang on the right side and it takes longer for that side to come off the ground. I thought it might have been a bad shock cause my brother wrecked it. Nothing is bent or loose either. Well after I put these works shocks on it still does this. Is this normal? I cant stand knowing something as stupid and little as that is wrong with it.

Thanks in advance guys

Hey Brad, try switching the shocks from side to side. That will help you determine if something is wrong on that side. At least you'll be able to rule out the shock. As far as adjusting them, the only way adjustment you can make to those shocks is the preload. You have to find a way to compress the springs first! Under the collar at the top of the shock is a big snap ring type deal. After you compress the springs you need to slide the collar down and you will see it. Once you find it you can either move it up or down, depending on what your trying to accomplish. If you move the ring up, it will soften them up a bit and make it sit a little lower as well.

Hope that made some kind of sense for ya!

Ok cool. thanks I got you on the adjustments. I know its not the shocks though that are causing the one side to hang lower. Is there something in the a-arms that could have bent? It just dont make any sense why the one wheel takes longer to lift off the ground. I hope Im being clear enough on what is goin on here...

thanks