oil in the pipe

buddy took his pipe of to clean, when he pulled it off he said oil actullly poured out yup, he said poured out of the pipe. both sides did. At first i thought way rich, he is running 320 on just piped bike@ 4700FT, but im starting to wonder why his trans oil is way low. Bad seals maybe??????? the bike runs fine though.

post-29329-1235830721_thumb.jpg

320 mains and 4700 feet sounds too rich to me. what fuel/oil mix is he running? that could also be a problem.

what mods does he have?

its very unlikely that the seal is bad and tranny oil is getting into both cylinders, then into the pipes.

thats it just pipes. and cool head 19cc. I can believe it actully ran with them jets.

i dont know what that oil recommends, but 32:1 is a pretty rich mixture. im runnin klotz at 50:1.

at 32:1 he could be having some oil not burned off all the way, causing it to get pushed into the pipes. i would say that combined with jetting being too rich is your problem.

as far as the tranny oil leaking into both cylinders and pipes, i would say thats pretty unlikely.

i dont know what that oil recommends, but 32:1 is a pretty rich mixture. im runnin klotz at 50:1.

at 32:1 he could be having some oil not burned off all the way, causing it to get pushed into the pipes. i would say that combined with jetting being too rich is your problem.

as far as the tranny oil leaking into both cylinders and pipes, i would say thats pretty unlikely.

I agree! thanks guys. Ill have him jet down, mix 40:1. See what happens. This orange bike( Mine) im running 300mains at @ 4700ft. its a 358 cub.

post-29329-1235835759_thumb.jpg

I have not seen it get into both cyls, but if it was run that way for a long time it is possible. The two are not sealed from each other, hence the reason you plug both sides when you do a leakdown test...

Get your jetting figured out and go from there. I have run 32:1 w/no problems before. But I ended up running 40:1 w/klotz when I ran gas.