do i need to bore?

GrMeyer

well melted down a piston and the jugs are fine. i miced them out to 64.56 right and 64.57 left. so do i just need to get the wiseco 513M60450, and a new bottom end gasket with new O-rings to the noss head? or do i need to bore them over one?

You melted a piston and didnt do any damage to the bore??

If it were me, just to play safe id go to the next size.

Dan

Do you still see Cross hatch in the bore?

Are they shiny or mirror like anywhere?

How many spots did you measure the Inner Diameter?

You at the very least need a solid honing and a little chamfer action :huh:

there is nothing shiny. I still can see the cross hatching and I miced the top mid and bottom and the 64.57 was the biggest at the bottom

You need to measure your bores in both directions at the top, middle and bottom with a bore measuring tool to check for diameter, out of round and taper of the bores. Measuring at the top and bottom really doesnt mean much.

There is a section in the manual that explains the calculations and tolerances, but I dont have it with me right now.

If you can see all the hone cross hatch marks you might get away with just a hone and chamfer and new pistons

If you are worried about it, get a machine shop to measure it up for you with the correct tool.

You definitely need to find out why you melted the piston and fix that when you rebuild

You need to measure your bores in both directions at the top, middle and bottom with a bore measuring tool to check for diameter, out of round and taper of the bores. Measuring at the top and bottom really doesnt mean much.

There is a section in the manual that explains the calculations and tolerances, but I dont have it with me right now.

If you can see all the hone cross hatch marks you might get away with just a hone and chamfer and new pistons

If you are worried about it, get a machine shop to measure it up for you with the correct tool.

You definitely need to find out why you melted the piston and fix that when you rebuild

it melted because i had a pod filter fall off at the dunes at night. and by the time i figured it out, this was the out come. So have do some thinking that I might as well just get them ported and go from there.