Here is my Set up for the ice AMA Nationals

motodrumer58

Well I raced the last race of the season today. Not one to be proud of. 17 guys turned out for the open main and there was only 3 of us in the 2 stroke 330c class. I was fast on the shee in the heat but did not make the transfer spot. Before the semi I was sitting in staging trying to keep my hands warm on the head and was getting shocked plug wires were fine, it was too late to figure out what was wrong. She sputtered the hole race so I was done, on the trailer it goes. On my 87 honda 310r I spun out in the main bad I was close to wrecking myself out. This race has me thinking about next season already. Im thinking 330 on the r and Im not sure on the banshee. Any one have any ideas? cub? stroker? I feel like I have the set up handles great... now I need hp...

Well I raced the last race of the season today. Not one to be proud of. 17 guys turned out for the open main and there was only 3 of us in the 2 stroke 330c class. I was fast on the shee in the heat but did not make the transfer spot. Before the semi I was sitting in staging trying to keep my hands warm on the head and was getting shocked plug wires were fine, it was too late to figure out what was wrong. She sputtered the hole race so I was done, on the trailer it goes. On my 87 honda 310r I spun out in the main bad I was close to wrecking myself out. This race has me thinking about next season already. Im thinking 330 on the r and Im not sure on the banshee. Any one have any ideas? cub? stroker? I feel like I have the set up handles great... now I need hp...

PM SENT i think i can help u out on a motor

For a motor I would go with a 4mil and ported jugs, If ur going to be running 1/4 and 3/8 tracks. I run a stock car track (2 car tracks ) and my setup rocks. On the 3/8mil I was beating bigbore trx450 and yfz450 and one dude had a warrior with a 600 cbr motor in. For 1/2mil tracks a cub would be nice. I have talked to about 4 builder about a 421 cub for myself. they said it would only be good for the longer track. I would not have the bottom end you need to get out of the trun. So this year I still saying with my setup I got with a few more mods to run this new track. 3/8mil clay with 32deg banking . I go out for test day May 10th . ill tell you had I do.

For ice racing I raced last year I race 3/8mil track with banking 30guys on the track it was fun with my little 4 mil I was out front and was lapping ppl. Some guy on a z400 stop in the middle of the track it was hint him and go for the snow bank. I went for the snow bank. bent my pipe hanger, riped the boot, and the wiring fell down on the pipe and f*cked it . But I had fun doing it .

Hope this help if u need help pm me and I can call you.

• Like 1

For a motor I would go with a 4mil and ported jugs, If ur going to be running 1/4 and 3/8 tracks. I run a stock car track (2 car tracks ) and my setup rocks. On the 3/8mil I was beating bigbore trx450 and yfz450 and one dude had a warrior with a 600 cbr motor in. For 1/2mil tracks a cub would be nice. I have talked to about 4 builder about a 421 cub for myself. they said it would only be good for the longer track. I would not have the bottom end you need to get out of the trun. So this year I still saying with my setup I got with a few more mods to run this new track. 3/8mil clay with 32deg banking . I go out for test day May 10th . ill tell you had I do.

For ice racing I raced last year I race 3/8mil track with banking 30guys on the track it was fun with my little 4 mil I was out front and was lapping ppl. Some guy on a z400 stop in the middle of the track it was hint him and go for the snow bank. I went for the snow bank. bent my pipe hanger, riped the boot, and the wiring fell down on the pipe and f*cked it . But I had fun doing it .

Hope this help if u need help pm me and I can call you.

u could make that 421 a tourqe monster with the right set up my motor that being built isent even gunna mark 105 hp its just all tourqe

Well fella's I must say racing sure does bring out the power animals in all of us. (drydeks fantasy factory funy show is good to laugh).

I just have a thing against four strokes there not as fun to ride to me. It started out just going out and reliving my youth {im 39} it has turned into to somthing thats all I think about. I dont have alot of money (2 teenagers) but I need torque I realize it takes money to run up front. I wasnt off the line first. Here is me spinning my r im building a 330 kit on her

post-30486-1236046346_thumb.jpg

U dont need money to run up front , its setup and skill. I was beating guys on my yfz450 it was stock at the time with guys that got port work and what not. A good little 4mil would help you out. it would not run you much jeff at F.A.S.T can help you out or some other builders from the HQ fam.

Im on the gas given it all its got on the straights and Im just getting left behind. I spun out on the r because I was frustrated and just pinned the throttle in the corner all pissed off. I feel like Im getting beat in the drag race to the first turn. How much do you think I could get away with spending to give me more.high balling it

U dont need money to run up front , its setup and skill. I was beating guys on my yfz450 it was stock at the time with guys that got port work and what not. A good little 4mil would help you out. it would not run you much jeff at F.A.S.T can help you out or some other builders from the HQ fam.

where do u race?

Michigan ama d14 We race at diffrent places around the State. There is a nice track that is man made that has slight banked turns.http://valleytrailriders.tripod.com/ . We also race on a lake north of Detroit like a D shape and small oval in Port Huron on a pond. The National change locations every year. The quads are taking over the circuit. I like the out of frame pipes on the Banshee They look trick on a track. i have some fab pipes a friend of mine made he is a big drag racer around here.

• Like 1