Anybody have any experience with motherboards?

fastbanshee8

My 12 year old nephew can change a mainboard out. Its not hard at all.

Precautions:

Like the person above said, either use a anti-static wrist strap or make sure you ground yourself to the chassis before working with it.

Use a quality thermal grease, you don't want a big glob. Just enough to make a thin layer on the CPU dye.

Pull the instruction manual up on the net if you dont have it, so you can make sure you plug all connectors back up that need to be.

If you run into any problems shoot them back.

I got it taken care of. Dell had several MBs for my computer, but they decided that my computer was too old, and that they weren't going to refurbish a MB for me. I pretty much told them to go get bent, and had a custom tower built, with parts from my old one, for a few dollars less than the MB from Dell. Anyways, I hate Dell now, and would rather dodge bullets, than buy any more of their products.

I got it taken care of. Dell had several MBs for my computer, but they decided that my computer was too old, and that they weren't going to refurbish a MB for me. I pretty much told them to go get bent, and had a custom tower built, with parts from my old one, for a few dollars less than the MB from Dell. Anyways, I hate Dell now, and would rather dodge bullets, than buy any more of their products.

With how fast thing move in technology these days it's expected that they don

Actually, everything is better. The current tower has a newer, updated MB, with a better, faster processor, and it runs faster than the Dell, with less RAM. What Dell doesn't realize is, they have to continue to make parts available for their towers, for 10 years after they quit making the towers. What it all boiled down to, was Dell wanted me to spend another $600+ on a new tower, and I wasn't about to do that. I've gotten several phone calls from them, and every time they call, I get a different excuse from them. Dell has been known to use the cheapest parts that they can get their hands on, to build their computers, and when they have a mass failing of some of the parts, they chose to do nothing to fix the problem. :down:

Dell = shit.

And shee_man, you have to take into account that his original board was a couple years old, im sure he has upgraded to something better than a 2 year old dell.

You can go purchase a good thirdparty board for alot cheaper than 600+ $ and they are alot better, dell, gateway, acer. All the major PC manufactorers are just out to gladly take the money out of your pocket when a repair or service comes into question.

Glad you got er goin 88fast.