Alittle heads up about glamis

1.6i

if it's not one thing its another.Our poor dunes.God damn environmental procedure-- my ass.

Actually, i dont think this particular case it has to do with the environment. From what i understand a rhino load of kids got killed by a train last year, and there have been some other incidents between duners and the train. Obviously the train always wins. I think it has to do with them not wanting to get their asses sued by the family of some dumb ass duner who thought he could beat the train. I dont know, thats just what i heard. It does suck though.

Actually, i dont think this particular case it has to do with the environment. From what i understand a rhino load of kids got killed by a train last year, and there have been some other incidents between duners and the train. Obviously the train always wins. I think it has to do with them not wanting to get their asses sued by the family of some dumb ass duner who thought he could beat the train. I dont know, thats just what i heard. It does suck though.

I think you're right! and it was three kids that died in that Rhino accident in November of 07.

http://www.yumasun.com/news/train_37911___...ase_struck.html

thats right,I remember that.

That accident did happen [not filing lawsuit] as well as others but that's no the reason for Wash Rd closing. That road is owned by the railroad company & they're fencing it off to add another set of tracks. However BLM is working out there right now & they're grading an access road for the duners.

Wash camps are still fully open & you can still ride under Wash 10 to Boardmanville for some grub & a cold pitcher! I'll be at the Lobuck Racing Banshee Raffle, wish me luck!!!!!

morebeer.gif

Oh yeah.. I hear on that! Not like I got my infor straight from Union Pacific either right LOL...

But yeah, that's the action UPRR is taking right now and would you believe one of their reasons for the fencing is due to sand wearing on the tracks and causing derailments? Really, that explanationon is on the UPRR website & it's BS!! Ever taken a walk over to those tracks?? Loose railspikes all over the place bro!! Like the sand is going to dig those spikes out right? LOL... Anyhow, BLM is really stepping up here and we just need a road built right next to it which is in the making as we speak so I think.. i think us duners will be ok..

I'll observe this situation myself & take some pics over the weekend.. Leaving 4am to Glamis & I'm too excited about.. can't go to sleep.. Like a kid staying up waiting on Santa ha haa!!!

Nice & sunny out there, came back with a tan.. Rangers are out there full force & they didn't mess with us.. They had a checkpoint on sand hwy, looking for stickers and vin #'s. It was not crowded at all.. All washes are still open, boardmanville is still open as well. I'd like to get back out there next weekend for the E2S meet/ride.. Roll by Wash 10 and say wutup guys!!

I was there Saturday just for the day. I'll be out for the whole weekend 27th-1st.

The big bust right now is riding on the gravel road (Ted Kipf) on the East side of the tracks. Tons of tickets being written on the way to B-ville. take the trails if you head that way.