polishing painted parts how to remove the paint etc

yammyboy3

i was doing some reading on how yous polished yours and well unfortunatly i just got put on house arrest so i need something to occupy me what are the steps to polishing stuff thats painted i want it to be chrome like how do i get off the paint and i got the sanding start 220 go 400 then 800 then 1200 what are the things i need i have a bench grinder and i already got the yellow wheel and white wheel from lowes along with there bars of compounds

Get some Air Craft Paint Striper Or you can just try to sand it of but it takes to long & hurts your finger in the long run even more! The way I polish is start out with what ever I have the polish it them sand it about with 100 grit more & polish & so on up to 2000 & sometimes 2500 its works out pretty got for me I just cant polish anything unless I have an old white T-shirt everything else I use gives it a dule look.

Get some Air Craft Paint Striper Or you can just try to sand it of but it takes to long & hurts your finger in the long run even more! The way I polish is start out with what ever I have the polish it them sand it about with 100 grit more & polish & so on up to 2000 & sometimes 2500 its works out pretty got for me I just cant polish anything unless I have an old white T-shirt everything else I use gives it a dule look.

alright thanks were can i get that kind of sand paper and air craft remover home depot sears

if you get the aircraft remover get the aeresol can. I found it sticks better then the paste and therefore works alot better and faster

Deffenatly get the aeresol can, its alot easier. I found it at wal-mart but im sure you can get it about anywhere. Sears sells a ploisher already set up it looks like a bench grinder but its made for polishing and it work great.

A little experience that I just had a couple weeks ago. For some reason, Aircraft Remover does not work on the stock PC on the engine parts. I tried the gel, the spray can, gasket remover, and muratic acid. None of it even touched it. It works wonders on everything else though. I bought Aircraft Remover from Sherwin-Williams paint store for $18 a can. Lowes and Home Depot have spray-on paint stripper that did the same thing as Aircraft Remover, for $6 a can. It knocked PC right off stuff, just like the expensive stuff.