Seating a tire BEAD

MarineNYC

I will be installing my front Sandstars on my hiper rims when I get to Glamis on Sun. They are single beadlock and when I tighten them down I need to know if there are any tricks to making that other side travel up and seat itself. I know air will do this but I wont have a rapid discharge air pump in the dunes. Last time I tried to do it I was at a gas station and the pump just sucked. It didnt want to seal at all. Any tricks or suggestions will be appreciated. TY in advance. Looking fwd to seeing u guys.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They say that air is the best thing, WD-40 eats the rubber. But I could be fooled, they also say that it has more chance of popping off the bead because it has a lubricating product inbetween the bead and the tire.....Best bet is too pull out the valve stem and air up that way because the valve stem only lets so much air come out, but with out the stem it lets all the air that can flow into the tire....

Your saying put a rachet tiedown around the circumfrence of the tire and rachet down?? and use my shitty walmart slow pump?

OH LMAO, I missed the shitty wlamart part... I use a compressor and pop the tire on with soapy water, then rap a ratchet tie down around the tire (circumference yes), and pump away... But im no expert... :biggrin: