Which setting on needle?

mclark408

My needle is set on the second from bottom. I just bought this banshee an it will foul plugs in about 30 minutes of riding. Plugs are black. It has 280 mains in it right now. Im at 500ft elevation. Bike has fmf pipes, unifilter and milled head. This sucker has been nothing but problems since I've had it. Driving me nuts!!!!! Kind of lost guys. It runs fine cruising around but after just a few minutes or less it bogs at wide open throttle. I think it is rich. Anybody got any info?

Guest utleybanshee
My needle is set on the second from bottom. I just bought this banshee an it will foul plugs in about 30 minutes of riding. Plugs are black. It has 280 mains in it right now. Im at 500ft elevation. Bike has fmf pipes, unifilter and milled head. This sucker has been nothing but problems since I've had it. Driving me nuts!!!!! Kind of lost guys. It runs fine cruising around but after just a few minutes or less it bogs at wide open throttle. I think it is rich. Anybody got any info?

u must be running the complete airbox setup including lid and snorkel..

What up dude, I think you should adjust your needle also!

I'll try that. I have tried to run it with the lid on and off also.

No good. Still running like crap. Also noticed the carb slides were backwards. Switched them around. Bogs at full throttle. Runs fine all the way up until full throttle. Tried putting 300 main jets in it after raised the needle and it didnt help. Is 280 too rich?

No good. Still running like crap. Also noticed the carb slides were backwards. Switched them around. Bogs at full throttle. Runs fine all the way up until full throttle. Tried putting 300 main jets in it after raised the needle and it didnt help. Is 280 too rich?

from what your saying.. yeah, black plugs, bog at WOT, sounds rich to me... try 260 mains

If you think the bike is rich, You should be going to a smaller main, not larger.

I would get some fresh plugs and do a plug chop, To see where you stand with the main jet

Give your carbs a good cleaning

Make sure your slides are correct,the carbs are sync and the choke tube is on in the middle of the carbs.

If your slides where in backwards, the bike would have ran like complete shit.

Good luck

If you think the bike is rich, You should be going to a smaller main, not larger.

I would get some fresh plugs and do a plug chop, To see where you stand with the main jet

Give your carbs a good cleaning

Make sure your slides are correct,the carbs are sync and the choke tube is on in the middle of the carbs.

If your slides where in backwards, the bike would have ran like complete shit.

Good luck

many people keep saying their slides are in backwards, i find that very hard.. i mean, i got a brand new OKO 28mm carb i got here to play with ( i bought it for like 10$, was gonna put it on my blaster but ended up not). so i play with it and look at it to learn more about how carbs work (im a newb to motors etc).

the slide on this carb will NOT go in backwards, it has a shape, that fits in the molded shape in the carb, is it only with mikuni carbs where the slide would fit the other way around? i dont get how this happens lol

"so i play with it and look at it to learn more" :blink:

lol, just fucking with ya.

On the stock carbs, it is possible and often happens. I have done it myself. While you are working on the carbs, changing needles position etc.

If you don't work on one carb at a time, and are not paying attention, you can put the slide it backwards. Im sure everyone here has done it atleast once. There will prob be a few people that will say, NOT ME, NEVER. wateva it happens. :evil:

With aftermarket d slide carbs, like you said the slide will only go in one way.

"so i play with it and look at it to learn more" :blink:

lol, just fucking with ya.

On the stock carbs, it is possible and often happens. I have done it myself. While you are working on the carbs, changing needles position etc.

If you don't work on one carb at a time, and are not paying attention, you can put the slide it backwards. Im sure everyone here has done it atleast once. There will prob be a few people that will say, NOT ME, NEVER. wateva it happens. :evil:

With aftermarket d slide carbs, like you said the slide will only go in one way.

Dont mind joe, he's in special ed... We all feel bad for him :down: Bro I love you!