Crankshaft Replacement

gooberff

Well my 92 banshee finally needs a new top end so I decided to replace the crankshaft. I purchased a Hot Rods complete crankshaft assembly from RMATV. I need to know the additional parts I need to complete the crankshaft replacement.

I would replace all seals, gaskets, inspect water pump, tranny bearings since it is apart, and the obvious wrist pins and bearings (but that will likely come with your new pistons.

SP

for 430 you could have boughten a 4 mill long rod Hot Rods stroker crank from FAST.

Is that a Long Rod crank or a regular rod length? The longer rod crank reduces the angel of the rod so it puts less stress on the piston skirts. You need Wiseco 795 series pistons for a long rod crank.

I would also have it trued and welded.

josh

just look over everything really good! look for abnormal wear on parts like tranny bearings ,gears if it ran fine before listen to the motor when you fire it up but I would replace all the seals and gaskets just because it insuance