thinking of switching fmf to cpi

assbandit

With the mods in your signature it says you have a dune port, The CPI will complement that type of port job the fatty is not a bad pipe either alot of guys on here run the CPI for dunes if that is what you ride mostly. I had fatty's on my trail bike then went to PT mids.

Edited by elwilliams13

You may loose a tad of bottom end but will have alot harder HIT in the mid and top. Should be at least 1-2 bikes faster in a race.

since you have a dune port, i say go for it. the cpi's are a great pipe for a dune port. it will really wake up that motor. I run cpi's as well, i upgraded from t5's, and the difference was huge.

i personally would do it, but also never get an FMF from the first place.

i know for a fact that for the blaster, FMF's are the #1 worst pipes you can get. its the exact same shape as the stock pipe, they just forged the stocker and made it lighter and in chrome.

locally people also say the FMFs are very bad for the banshee too, and were just made without any research etc (they just made a random pipe that works for the banshee) they did not research how to make it perform in a certain way, making exact calculations for the expansion chamber etc.

where i live, everybody hates FMF and say they suck. dont know how it really performs myself.

thats just me and what they say locally here...

i personally would do it, but also never get an FMF from the first place.

i know for a fact that for the blaster, FMF's are the #1 worst pipes you can get. its the exact same shape as the stock pipe, they just forged the stocker and made it lighter and in chrome.

locally people also say the FMFs are very bad for the banshee too, and were just made without any research etc (they just made a random pipe that works for the banshee) they did not research how to make it perform in a certain way, making exact calculations for the expansion chamber etc.

where i live, everybody hates FMF and say they suck. dont know how it really performs myself.

thats just me and what they say locally here...

No one cares what they do on a blaster. And If you dont know anything about how they perform on a banshee then why are you even replying. FMFs on MY banshee kick ass. I have never had CPI so cant say anything about them

Guest utleybanshee
since you have a dune port, i say go for it. the cpi's are a great pipe for a dune port. it will really wake up that motor. I run cpi's as well, i upgraded from t5's, and the difference was huge.

im making that jump tonite from t5's to cpi's..

No one cares what they do on a blaster. And If you dont know anything about how they perform on a banshee then why are you even replying. FMFs on MY banshee kick ass. I have never had CPI so cant say anything about them

they kick ass eh?

notice i just said its WHAT THEY SAY locally.

i also mentioned it was only my personal opinion.

when you switch your pipes, talk to me and let me know, id like to see one person who switched from fmf to another decent kind of pipe like toomeys, CPI, shearer, pro circuit etc regret it.

everyone also on this forum who switched from fmf to something else were happy about the change.

plus, you would only know if it KICKS ASS, if you got the FMF's on the shee and no other mods, which i doubt you did, alot of people install alot of mods, and some FMF's along with it and say "oooh its amazing, it kicks ass" and the only thing that kicks ass is the other mods they got, and not the pipes that are making the difference.

i may also be completely wrong, its just what EVERYone says locally, and i myself have tried switching from FMF on a blaster to F7 pipes, and felt a huge difference, so that and that everyone here says there bad makes me almost certain of that.

If you ever switch, and find the new pipes worse, please let me know.

and to the person who made this post, let us know the difference with your new CPI's.

(oh any btw, i am mainly reffering to the FMF fattys here, all the talk here etc about the fatty's, nobody has tried the gnarlys or SST's) so really cant judge for those ones

Edited by blaster2006

they kick ass eh?

notice i just said its WHAT THEY SAY locally.

i also mentioned it was only my personal opinion.

when you switch your pipes, talk to me and let me know, id like to see one person who switched from fmf to another decent kind of pipe like toomeys, CPI, shearer, pro circuit etc regret it.

everyone also on this forum who switched from fmf to something else were happy about the change.

plus, you would only know if it KICKS ASS, if you got the FMF's on the shee and no other mods, which i doubt you did, alot of people install alot of mods, and some FMF's along with it and say "oooh its amazing, it kicks ass" and the only thing that kicks ass is the other mods they got, and not the pipes that are making the difference.

i may also be completely wrong, its just what EVERYone says locally, and i myself have tried switching from FMF on a blaster to F7 pipes, and felt a huge difference, so that and that everyone here says there bad makes me almost certain of that.

If you ever switch, and find the new pipes worse, please let me know.

and to the person who made this post, let us know the difference with your new CPI's.

(oh any btw, i am mainly reffering to the FMF fattys here, all the talk here etc about the fatty's, nobody has tried the gnarlys or SST's) so really cant judge for those ones

dude I have had the FMF SSTs on just about any set up you can think of for riding style. I have moved all over the world and adjusted to the type or riding available (port, cubs, stock,) And have had a shit load of mods. The SSTs worked pretty fucking good with everything. But yes When I put the pipes on original they were the only mod and they kicked ass. I had Pro Circuit and they fucking sucked compared to the FMF.

As far as what " everyone here says shit". ITs my guess that you are about 16 and may not know that around that age all it takes is for one guy to say something, another guy to think that guys is sooooo cool, and so on and so on. Then next thing you know everyone is sharing the same opinion even tho they have no basis for it. All I was saying is that if you dont know what YOU personally are talking about then shut the fuck up.

And dont question me dude. I generally only take the time to respond if I at least have some first hand knowledge about what Im talking about.

dude I have had the FMF SSTs on just about any set up you can think of for riding style. I have moved all over the world and adjusted to the type or riding available (port, cubs, stock,) And have had a shit load of mods. The SSTs worked pretty fucking good with everything. But yes When I put the pipes on original they were the only mod and they kicked ass. I had Pro Circuit and they fucking sucked compared to the FMF.

As far as what " everyone here says shit". ITs my guess that you are about 16 and may not know that around that age all it takes is for one guy to say something, another guy to think that guys is sooooo cool, and so on and so on. Then next thing you know everyone is sharing the same opinion even tho they have no basis for it. All I was saying is that if you dont know what YOU personally are talking about then shut the fuck up.

And dont question me dude. I generally only take the time to respond if I at least have some first hand knowledge about what Im talking about.

i was reffering to fatty's, if someone like you has the same case but with fatty's, pelase correct me if im wrong so i can withdraw what i said.

im saying this because, when i was looking for pipes locally to buy, i used to think FMF fatty's were good, and asked if they had them, i went to 6 shops yesterday... and 5 of them all told me they dont keep FMF cause they are really bad and customers did not like them, and 1 said that he has them but out of stock.

so thats where i got my info from, and i read it alot too, that FMF arent bad, so from that small criteria, and my knowledge, about how shit my FMF fattys on the blaster were, i am assuming that the FMF fattys on the banshee are also bad.

if someone has had fattys and some sheaer/toomey/cpi/ PC pipes, and found the fattys were better, please correct me.

If everyone hated them so bad why was that one shop out of stock someone in your general area must like them :blink: I liked the fattys on the banshee, they were a very forgiving pipe and i would run them again if i got a second banshee. Now about the cpi's I ran those as well they are a fun pipe to run but you must be ready to ride with them launching with stock gearing was a game with the clutch but it was fast.

Ding Ding Ding...and in this corner....

You just need to relax, to get so upset about somebody saying that he, nor other people he has come across care for the brand of pipes you have is ludacris. Your acting like he called your old lady a fat pig or something. This is an open forum where people from all walks of life come to share their opinions it's as simple as that! So you had good luck with the pipes and he didn't...why don't you go whip his ass or something cuz he voiced his opinion....gimme a break!

I had a honda accord that I bought brand new in 1991 that was a lemon, had 16 different issues yet millions say it's one of the best cars ever made, should I be mother fucked because I don't like hondas now?

If you ask me, you're the one acting like a 16 year old!

Ding Ding Ding...and in this corner....

You just need to relax, to get so upset about somebody saying that he, nor other people he has come across care for the brand of pipes you have is ludacris. Your acting like he called your old lady a fat pig or something. This is an open forum where people from all walks of life come to share their opinions it's as simple as that! So you had good luck with the pipes and he didn't...why don't you go whip his ass or something cuz he voiced his opinion....gimme a break!

I had a honda accord that I bought brand new in 1991 that was a lemon, had 16 different issues yet millions say it's one of the best cars ever made, should I be mother fucked because I don't like hondas now?

If you ask me, you're the one acting like a 16 year old!

Dipshit... I was merely pointing out that what pipes do with a BLASTER is irrelevant. ALSO.....YOU HAD A HONDA...there for it is a fact based opinion. Not some teenage bullshit from the block. I could give 2 shits if anyone likes FMF. But this OPEN FORUM is for helping people and uneducated opinions on multi hundred dollar purchases is fucking stupid. AGAIN.. If you dont know what your talking about then shut the fuck up.

And he has had no luck with the pipes cause he has never had them..........The whole point of my post.

Read...please dont breed

Edited by kotin6

i have fmf gold series and cannot afford shearers or cpi's so im buying used t5s for cheap just bc i think any pipe would be better than the fmf that r on my bike. they suck imo. i ride woods and drag accross fields and shit and they have no top end watsoever. i wuold rather have more top and less bottom even in the woods. ihave nvr run another pipe on my shee but have rode other similar modded shees with other pipes and they bahave way dif.

I must say that I like the Fatty's. I bought my Banshee new, 100% stock. Rode it stock for about a year, then installed the Fatty's, K&N, rejetted and I was VERY impressed with the power increase.

That being said, I haven't used any other pipes to compare them with, so I can't say they are better or worse than any others out there. But they are MUCH better than the stockers, that i do know firsthand, lol. I think they are a great all around pipe, I'm very happy with mine.