Nerf Bars.....

wacko2000

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never run them either, nor have I been in a situation where I wish I had 'em. I have IMS/Roll Design Pegs but maybe if I had stockers I'd reconsider it. Actually, I'd buy IMS pegs before I bolted on a set of nerfs.

I find I spend a good deal of time on those 45 degree ends!!

I thought the whole reason for nerfs was to keep wheels from touching while racing....

So for me: No.

For you: Maybe.

I've never run them either, nor have I been in a situation where I wish I had 'em. I have IMS/Roll Design Pegs but maybe if I had stockers I'd reconsider it. Actually, I'd buy IMS pegs before I bolted on a set of nerfs.

I find I spend a good deal of time on those 45 degree ends!!

I thought the whole reason for nerfs was to keep wheels from touching while racing....

So for me: No.

For you: Maybe.

On my cub I sharpened my stockers to points, and with boots on, i haven't come off of them yet. On my bolt on bike, i never sharpened the pegs, and have slipped off in some rough stuff. the nets on the nerfs caught my foot. saved my ass. I agree nicer pegs would help. but the nerfs just add a little oh shit safety factor. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Man I have been struggling with this very same thing for the very same trip-lol.. I use the ever lovin hell out of my nerfs where I ride but for this trip I was considering going without.. I broke my leg and it cost me 4,000 outta pocket because I didn't have them not long after I bought my bike.. I know thye don't look the greatest as you all mentioned but I deffinatly feel more comfortable with them.. Glad I stumbled on this thread, don't feel like QUITE as big of a pussy now..lol

RIPPEN

Do you wanna good pair of legs in Glamis,or you wanna look cool going in the ambulance.

If your used to them dont take them off,Ive been ridding in Glamis for 15 years and only slipped once,No nerfs but it was on a drag bike.thank the the good lord the swiger was 12 over or I would of been paddle fried steak..got some nerfs on my dunner and love them so far..less worries about the lawn mower behind you..LOL

I landed a jump where one foot slipped off and drove the foot peg into my leg. The lump on my leg went away about 4 months later.... now I wear boots and nerfs.

Don't know about dunes, but I ride rocky/rough trails so I like em'

IMO nerfs are for when you get completly bucked off your bike after you hit something wrong and both of your feet come way off the pegs, then you try to find your pegs again before you land.

I witnessed this with my buddy in Glamis. The IMS and sharpend pegs would of just made the situation worse, sense it wasn't a traction issue here. His rear tire hit a small depression in the sand right before the jump he was trying to hit which caused him to come straight up and off the pegs. Spent 2 nights in the Brawly hospital.

2 weeks and some staples later

Mikesleg.jpg

IMO nerfs are for when you get completly bucked off your bike after you hit something wrong and both of your feet come way off the pegs, then you try to find your pegs again before you land.

I witnessed this with my buddy in Glamis. The IMS and sharpend pegs would of just made the situation worse, sense it wasn't a traction issue here. His rear tire hit a small depression in the sand right before the jump he was trying to hit which caused him to come straight up and off the pegs. Spent 2 nights in the Brawly hospital.

2 weeks and some staples later

Mikesleg.jpg

fuck me!! makes me sick just lookin at that.. :sick: .

• 3 weeks later...

personally growin up riding old dirt bike and 3 wheelers we never had them so i really dont like them. but they could really save your legs. i went to the dunes last weekend and(LOL yal will think im crazy) i had took my ac pro pegs off and i just have 2 lil round pipe deals stickin out where my pegs should be, for the nerfs to slide on, but thats what i rode on at the dunes. 2 lil pipes, slick as hell! lmao :evil: not gonna lie i felt my toes drag the sand a couple times.

ps..i need some pegs before i break my leg...

never needed nerfs.... i dont use nerfs... no one i know use nerfs.... i think they just get in the way.... plus make the shee look too bulky... but just my opinion

but i SEE titan's point!

your right man they make the bike look bad imo. some pegs look way cleaner. plus they make some fine ass pegs. like ims they make some oversized ones that are nice.