Presidents Camping Arrangements

XxMeltIcexX

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I was on the West Coast. :confused:

No excuse LOL. Honestly I think the dunes off Gecko are hands down way better riding then off the washes. The washes are close to the hill if thats when your into. Besides the ride to vendor row and the hill is a great ride. Might take 10 min but nothing like rollin down sand highway around 70 deep. Believe me the ride is GREAT :biggrin:. If your coming with me and you dont have a 6pack rack then dont even bother riding. The 2 main things in Glamis is Fuel and Lights. If you dont believe me then Ill be waiting to tell u so.

HE WITH THE BIGGEST COCK WILL BE SLEEPING IN THE BED, SO FOR YOU MY FRIEND ITS TO THE DIRT YOU GO!

hahahaha........ill just show up friday and go to the hill cuz i want to do some tunning for the big race day.....hey chad if i take the drag are you down to drag it?i dont think my truck will be able to......let me know

hahahaha........ill just show up friday and go to the hill cuz i want to do some tunning for the big race day.....hey chad if i take the drag are you down to drag it?i dont think my truck will be able to......let me know

I can drag the bottom portion of the hill.. but I wont be climbin it much. I got stock tires, you got 33s, whats the issue? lol

Well....I dont agree that the riding near gecko is better. The best dunes and China Wall are all towards the washes. I'm not saying that there isn't any good riding areas near gecko, but its more flat out that way. You start hitting good bowls once you get near Olds.

And take it how you must.....but dont worry too much about lights. The only night riding I suggest on a big weekend is to cruise to olds and watch the races. Too many people get hurt riding at night on big holiday weekends and its not worth it. I have consistently been going to Imperial Sand Dunes (Glamis, Butter Cup, Gordon's Well) for the past 10 years. We have done it all. And in the end we enjoy playing it safe and making sure everyone has a great time but comes home in one piece.

And take it how you must.....but dont worry too much about lights. The only night riding I suggest on a big weekend is to cruise to olds and watch the races. Too many people get hurt riding at night on big holiday weekends and its not worth it. I have consistently been going to Imperial Sand Dunes (Glamis, Butter Cup, Gordon's Well) for the past 10 years. We have done it all. And in the end we enjoy playing it safe and making sure everyone has a great time but comes home in one piece.

As much as i wishi I could go on this trip because it would be cool to put faces to all the names, I try to avoid going anywhere on big weekends anymore. Its a blast to watch the activities, but too many inconciderate drunk a-holes everywhere. last 2 times we've gone on a holiday weekend one of our trucks has been hit by some asshole speeding through camps, plus now that i have kids i dont want them around that shit anyway. I spend the whole damn weekend policing camp and keeping an eye on everything i dont enjoy it. I guess im just getting old and grumpy :down: Not to mention all the fucking thieves out there. make sure you guys lock everything up and be carefull.

Well....I dont agree that the riding near gecko is better. The best dunes and China Wall are all towards the washes. I'm not saying that there isn't any good riding areas near gecko, but its more flat out that way. You start hitting good bowls once you get near Olds.

I aggree i want to be safe and all and i'll do a little bit of night rideing but not much i cant afford to get hurt and fuck my self up more and I learned my leasson from my motor cycle accident and now im more alert with shit as i could of died from hitting the tree with my bike.. I dont know what im going to do but w/e

As much as i wishi I could go on this trip because it would be cool to put faces to all the names, I try to avoid going anywhere on big weekends anymore. Its a blast to watch the activities, but too many inconciderate drunk a-holes everywhere. last 2 times we've gone on a holiday weekend one of our trucks has been hit by some asshole speeding through camps, plus now that i have kids i dont want them around that shit anyway. I spend the whole damn weekend policing camp and keeping an eye on everything i dont enjoy it. I guess im just getting old and grumpy :down: Not to mention all the fucking thieves out there. make sure you guys lock everything up and be carefull.

Last time I went to Glamis my truck was hit by a drunk driver, and he took off. Before I could get to him my friends already had him pulled out of his truck and he was laying on the ground with a broken nose. The rangers came, towed his truck, checked my knuckles and told me "off the record good job, but on the record you can't just beat him down like that" He just took my name and said have a good night.

I think this camp is going to be big enough that we shouldn't have to worry about theft to much, but I advise everyone taking trailers to leave your fuel cans inside them, or bring big cable locks to lock up your bikes, gas cans and everything else at night. Let's all hope nobody has anything stolen, nobody gets hurt, and that we all have a blast. Looking forward to meeting all of you guys and putting faces to names.