Banshee will not start Unless I......

rajaa11

Is the carbs the only new thing on it?

Is it just cold starting or warm too? I noticed you said after it sits, but I don't know how it does warm.

Usually when my bike is hard starting, it's because I had the fuel line off, and I have to wait a minute for the fuel to start flowing back into it. Do you usually have the petcock turned off? Maybe putting the rag over it is blocking the air, and causing a "vaccuum" forcing it to pull in more fuel from the hoses. Maybe a hose is clogged, or the petcock is clogged...

I don't know man, I never had this problem, and I'm just thinking out loud.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally figure out what was wrong with this thing not starting, It was the choke plunger o-ring :yelrotflmao: when the choke was pulled it still was letting air get in around the plunger. So I put a new o- ring on the plunger and everything is fine, with the choke pulled it starts in 2 kicks. Thanks guys :thanks: I do have another quick question, The screw at the bottom of the float bowl If I loosen it fuel pours out the bottom drain (the float over fill drain) but if I tighten the screw it stops :shrug: does this screw suppose to be loose?

Well I finally figure out what was wrong with this thing not starting, It was the choke plunger o-ring :yelrotflmao: when the choke was pulled it still was letting air get in around the plunger. So I put a new o- ring on the plunger and everything is fine, with the choke pulled it starts in 2 kicks. Thanks guys :thanks: I do have another quick question, The screw at the bottom of the float bowl If I loosen it fuel pours out the bottom drain (the float over fill drain) but if I tighten the screw it stops :shrug: does this screw suppose to be loose?

That screw is so you can drain the fuel bowls. It should be tight.

Yeah, you should try tightening up yours....

Nice, that's what I was thinking. Been sanding stuff down lately, hoping to get to repaint some shit on a weekend...supposed to start work Monday, so I'll be having my jugs sent out within a month, probably 2-3 weeks.