Is this considered case damage?

Tomm

So I tore the motor apart this weekend and am about to send it out to Red Line Racing to have cylinders ported and case mached. I brought them to work with me this morning ( I manage an Auto repair shop) when one of my mechanics looked at the lower case and was like "dude their gonna have to machine that out and put over sized bearings in there" I told him the bearings that go in there arn't like a crankshaft bearing in a car. The markings that u can see arn't rough feeling, if u run your fingernail over it, u can barely feel it. I just would like someone with a little more experance with these types of engines to say hey dont worry about that or yes I need to buy new cases........ I thank any and all of you for your help

post-31103-1231776064.jpg post-31103-1231776082.jpg

So I tore the motor apart this weekend and am about to send it out to Red Line Racing to have cylinders ported and case mached. I brought them to work with me this morning ( I manage an Auto repair shop) when one of my mechanics looked at the lower case and was like "dude their gonna have to machine that out and put over sized bearings in there" I told him the bearings that go in there arn't like a crankshaft bearing in a car. The markings that u can see arn't rough feeling, if u run your fingernail over it, u can barely feel it. I just would like someone with a little more experance with these types of engines to say hey dont worry about that or yes I need to buy new cases........ I thank any and all of you for your help

banshee3.jpg banshee4.jpg

It is hard to tell from the pics but if it is just more discoloration than anything else i think it will be fine. If it dont feel really ruff when you run your finger over it i would ship it to him and he will tell you if it is runnable or not when he looks at it.

It is hard to tell from the pics but if it is just more discoloration than anything else i think it will be fine. If it dont feel really ruff when you run your finger over it i would ship it to him and he will tell you if it is runnable or not when he looks at it.

I wasent planning on sending him the lower case but I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to send it to him as well.......... as the plot thickens

I wasent planning on sending him the lower case but I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to send it to him as well.......... as the plot thickens

LOL it just money man you will make more. So are you going with the 4 mill or staying stock stroke?

LOL it just money man you will make more. So are you going with the 4 mill or staying stock stroke?

:evil: you'll know when you see my tail light....... :biggrin: LOL JK

Yep the 4 Mill Kit W/HD bearing, Dune Poring, timing plate, 35mm Carbs and cool head not sure on the domes yet but ill keep u posted

:evil: you'll know when you see my tail light....... :biggrin: LOL JK

Yep the 4 Mill Kit W/HD bearing, Dune Poring, timing plate, 35mm Carbs and cool head not sure on the domes yet but ill keep u posted

Sweet you are going to be hauling ass my friend!

post-31103-1231776064.jpg post-31103-1231776082.jpg

If I had to guess i'd say you had a hotrod crank with the o-ring bearings. I seen this before get a crank with pins in the bearing and it wont spin in the case.

If I had to guess i'd say you had a hotrod crank with the o-ring bearings. I seen this before get a crank with pins in the bearing and it wont spin in the case.

No, completely stock the first time they had ever been opened, but the Hot Rods 4mill crank is going in there :biggrin: