Magnetic Drainplug.

Snopczynski

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gee, snop being vague and making blanket statements.. cant imagine.. i could start quoting some shit in this thread that would turn it into another CDI relocation thread.

i wont though, since most people realize snop is overly dramatic and very, very broad.

as entertaining as that was please don't do it again.

as far as the drain plug situation, thanks for the heads up because i use one from FAST and seems like a good product thus far. :thumbsup:

and i change my oil after every 2 days of riding because the instructions from Hinson said so. i'm not taking any chances. last thing i want to do is fuck up my quad again. i use golden spectro 80w

as entertaining as that was please don't do it again.

as far as the drain plug situation, thanks for the heads up because i use one from FAST and seems like a good product thus far. :thumbsup:

and i change my oil after every 2 days of riding because the instructions from Hinson said so. i'm not taking any chances. last thing i want to do is fuck up my quad again. i use golden spectro 80w

the one you got from FAST isnt some cheap glued together piece of junk, so i think youll be fine..

changing the oil that often seems a little like overkill to me.. i change mine once or twice a year and dont have any issues. if it makes you feel better to change it that often then go for it, i just dont think its necessary.

the one you got from FAST isnt some cheap glued together piece of junk, so i think youll be fine..

changing the oil that often seems a little like overkill to me.. i change mine once or twice a year and dont have any issues. if it makes you feel better to change it that often then go for it, i just dont think its necessary.

but it has 8 plates and some heavy springs. does that make a difference at all? :confused:

but it has 8 plates and some heavy springs. does that make a difference at all? :confused:

honestly, i dont know if that makes a difference. a lot of people say that the clutch is only as good as the springs, but i dont know how that would translate out to clutch life..

if it makes you feel better to change it a lot, go for it man.. but you might try lookin at your clutch and parts sometime to see if they look warn. do you notice metal shavings in your oil after every change?

gee, snop being vague and making blanket statements.. cant imagine.. i could start quoting some shit in this thread that would turn it into another CDI relocation thread.

i wont though, since most people realize snop is overly dramatic and very, very broad.

You should start your own show like "The Hills". You can get that bitch Spencer over there with ya, and you two can be drama queers together on the forum. Wow, mature! Looks like you already did start it! Your attitude on here is getting old. Its Hard to believe your a moderator.

You should start your own show like "The Hills". You can get that bitch Spencer over there with ya, and you two can be drama queers together on the forum. Wow, mature! Looks like you already did start it! Your attitude on here is getting old. Its Hard to believe your a moderator.

Oh God! Here it goes...... :down:

How bout someone be more MATURE by letting it go?

i have a cheap $7 magnetic drain plug from ebay.l it has a neodymium magnet (the real powerful ones) . the actual plug is steel, so i don't see how the magnet is going to dislodge from the drain plug since magnetism will keep it firmly in place. and the magnet is pressed into a hole in the plug so there is friction holding it in as well.

besides, the banshee cases are aluminum. only parts which would be magnetic are the trans parts. but that is a lot farther away from the magnet then the steel plug which the magnet is pressed into.

why would someone affer a aluminum drain plug with a magnet? that sounds dumb to me. seems like the magnet could pull right out and stick to a gear if the magnet ever came lose from the aluminum. and GLUED ON? at the very least, it should be pressed into a hole drilled into the drain plug so friction can hold it in. i wouldnt reust anything to be glued inside a transmission. heck i wouldn't want to use an aluminum drian plug period. sounds like an easy way to strip the hex head.

my plug always has magnetic slivers of steel on it when i change the oil. i have NEVER seen any engine or transmission out of any vehicle that used a magnetic drain plug and did NOT have slivers of metal on it. all rotating parts wear and create debris. might as well catch the debris and keep it attached to the drain plug instead of letting it flow around the transmission.

for $7 you can't go wrong. unless you stupid enough to buy one made out of aluminum that is.........

i have a cheap $7 magnetic drain plug from ebay.l it has a neodymium magnet (the real powerful ones) . the actual plug is steel, so i don't see how the magnet is going to dislodge from the drain plug since magnetism will keep it firmly in place. and the magnet is pressed into a hole in the plug so there is friction holding it in as well.

besides, the banshee cases are aluminum. only parts which would be magnetic are the trans parts. but that is a lot farther away from the magnet then the steel plug which the magnet is pressed into.

for $7 you can't go wrong. unless you stupid enough to buy one made out of aluminum that is.........

there are alot of other parts in the motor other than the trans. that are magnetic. There are clips, bolts, washers, and the main reason for a magnetic plug, your clutch plates. No mater what kind of basket you have the clutch plates are constantly being worn from ridding on the basket and rubbing across the clutch fibers. Granted they will not cause as much immediate damage to the trans as the others but all those little shavings floating around in there will slowly grind them down. I have the same plug as you. All metal, strong ass magnet, glued or not, that thing isnt going anywhere. I was worried about the one I use because of this post, so to be safe I had to check it out. I would advise others to do the same.

Edited by boneyardbanshee.

i should, because it would be very popular.

all i would need is some clowns like you, bigred and gregrob.. fuckin hit series right there.

i should dig up the green coolant thread one of these days and show people how ridiculous you are.. you and your gm/audi master certified tech bullshit. fuckin clown.