Upstate NY guys whear ya at!

flint

From upstate Ny hear. Right before i left on this deployment my buddy and i went to Motomasters in mexico NY on a wednsday for practice. That track is amazing. the guy was great and because of us going to iraq (and being a close family friend of my buddy) he opened it about 2 hours early for us and we rode the track just the two of us. haha like most people that hut a track now im hooked. cant wait to get home i want to set up some rides for the banshee guys hear. sick of seeing all the 450s out their, lets get the banshees out on the track. so whear are you guys from and what track do you guys ride on.

josh

well i live on alitttle over 300 acers. when i get home i will be building a house as well. i am looking into the log cabins too. they are crazy expensive tho. looking at well over $250k to build a decent size one. so i dont know if i will go that route. i live in Potsdam NY not alot of places to ride. cops chase up out of them all. IDK why the try to catch us. we never stop lol. b ut the places we can ride are fun lots of sand pits well man let me know whear you are at mabye we can set up a trip. i plan on building a track when i get home as well. have a 25HP Kubota tractor :biggrin: cant wait

well i live on alitttle over 300 acers. when i get home i will be building a house as well. i am looking into the log cabins too. they are crazy expensive tho. looking at well over $250k to build a decent size one. so i dont know if i will go that route. i live in Potsdam NY not alot of places to ride. cops chase up out of them all. IDK why the try to catch us. we never stop lol. b ut the places we can ride are fun lots of sand pits well man let me know whear you are at mabye we can set up a trip. i plan on building a track when i get home as well. have a 25HP Kubota tractor :biggrin: cant wait

nicee if u need help let me know I will come up on a weekend and give you a hand and go riding.. why dont you try a pre fab house for around 80-100k and there well built and you can get a huge 1 cheap!!! wanna sell me some land while your at it lol! =)

definatly wont be selling land. im not exactly sure what i will be doing whe it comes time to build. my grandfather is the one who owns the land. he will be giving me arround 25acers (hopefully) or i can buy the 6bedroom farm house off him. not sure what im going to do yet. alot depends on the wifey and what she wants to do.

so whear do you guys all ride. any of you go to the newton falls pits?

Im from NY also, closer to NYC though.

Like #1 banshee (Greg) said, not alot of places to ride anymore. There are some spots in NJ that people still ride, but its hit or miss with the cops.

Im down for some riding after Feb, Alot of use are heading out to Glamis in Cali, for a few days during Presidents week.

I rode a rausch Creek about 2 years ago, there track is pretty sweet, The trails arent that good though, maybe they stepped there game up since my last visit, not sure though.

Joseph

Im from NY also, closer to NYC though.

Like #1 banshee (Greg) said, not alot of places to ride anymore. There are some spots in NJ that people still ride, but its hit or miss with the cops.

Im down for some riding after Feb, Alot of use are heading out to Glamis in Cali, for a few days during Presidents week.

I rode a rausch Creek about 2 years ago, there track is pretty sweet, The trails arent that good though, maybe they stepped there game up since my last visit, not sure though.

Joseph

unfortuanetly, rausch creek is closed :down: . i hope not for good though, i really wanted to do like a day or two trip to coal hill then drive 30 min to raush creek. but me n my dad are still going out to coal hill this summer one day!

well we definatly need to set somthing up. i would love to be on that trip to glamis with you. next year im telling my wife to pack her flip flops and thong and we are gonna go. i have been wanting to go for 5 years now. next year is the year. will have to change out my-2 swinger for a +2 on that trip :biggrin: . well i can vouch for motomasters track in Mexico Ny. their is also one other one i have never rode but have watched races their and its prettty sick

we will get something going guys

josh

sounds liike we have quite a few from NY. we definatly have to set up some kind of ride. in my group i ride with we have me and my banshee, buddy with a kawasaki tecate 4, buddy with an 05 raptor (trying to sell), and my other buddy has an 08 honda 450r. we all need to get together somtine in august or september and hit the track trails or somthing.

There are actually all kinds of riding areas in upstate NY. Most of them that I am aware of are just a tad south of Potsdam. If you want high speed riding Tug hill is the place. If you want nice trails try Harrisville, Croghan,and other ares towards Copenhagen and Oswego. The clubs have been working there tails off to keep spots open and have been making great progress. They are in the process of opening up some important trails to link several of the counties. Lewis, Oswego and Jefferson counties have all kinds of places to ride and and hopefully in the near future they will all be connected.

There are Poker Runs about once a month in the summer on the Hill and of course they have the SNIRT run in April. This is the biggest poker runs which attracts approximately 1500 people every year.

NY is finally realizing the importance of ATV's which brings millions of $ into our up state area. It should only get better.

Chris

I hvae ridden snowmobiles in the tug hill region before and the trails are great. as long as you go durring the week. most of the time on the weekend its so packed youcant get arround a corner without someone running you off the trails. As for quads i have never ridden up their. I do know that alot of the sled trails that are open in NY state are closed in the summer time to Quads. Iused to be able to ride all over the place and cops wouldnt even look at you. Now within 10 min of riding one is chasing you. We will hvae to look and see what we have available to us and set up a good ride this summer

josh

The snowmobile trails on Tug Hill are mostly seasonal roads. Of these seasonal roads a select few are open for ATV use which allows you to get from one side of the hill to the other. In the past most of tug hill was open for ATV use and even though certain trails are open people still basically ride where they used to with little hassle. The only problem you run into is if you are on state land and you run into the DEC. They can go either way.

Most of the time the law only stops you to check for registration and insurance. I usually am up on the hill almost every Saturday from May through October and If I see an officer a year that is alot.

It is a nice place to go if you want to put a lot of miles on. Once you are used to it the trails/roads may get a bit boring but that totally changes if you ride at night. No one anywheres and high speed riding at night is just awesome.

Chris