Will this set up run with the 450 four strokes?

Gshock

Sold my 04 YFZ450 and purchased a low hour 05 blue Banshee. I used to ride piped Banshees in the early 90's and I couldn't stand it no longer. All my buddies have YFZ450s, 450rs, 660 Raptors, and a 525 Polaris Outlaw. (I wanted to be different) They think Banshees are out dated and slow. I currently have my cylinders at F.A.S.T. racing and I am having the dune port job installed. I am installing +4 timing, cool head with either 20cc or 21cc domes, V-force 3s, 13 tooth front sprocket, Wicked a arms, G-force axle, shocks, stock carbs, and stock stroke crank (pump gas). We ride mostly at Little Sahara OK and on my 160 acre farm. I think I am at about 1300 feet. I don't intend on having my buddies hand me my ass. Will this do the job???? Thanks for any input-Gshock

You shouldn't have any problems with the 450's, you should get a set of bigger carbs too. Where are you from i also ride at LS?

Welcome to BHQ :beer:

I actually live North of Springfield MO. We are planning on trying to go to LS on spring break.

banshee's are dated but so are old chev engines but they still make awesome power.

what mods do your 4poke mates have?

For got to add that I am running FMF Fatty's. Just purchased a new set of head pipes off ebay for $127. Allready had silencers.

Most all of the four strokes are only piped and jetted.

You probably will need to run 21cc domes if you are going to use 91 octane pump gas (id talk to whoever does your port job). I would put a 14 tooth front sprocket on there at least (I run a 15 with a less hp setup). Also, you might think about upgrading the carbs to take full advantage of the dune port.

Edited by Banshee~

You probably will need to run 21cc domes if you are going to use 91 octane pump gas. I would put a 14 tooth front sprocket on there at least (I run a 15 with a less hp setup). Also, you might think about upgrading the carbs to take full advantage of the dune port.

I was considering upgrading the carbs to 33pwk while Jeff has them on sale. But right now I am really looking for the best bang for my buck and I was not sure how much more hp they would gain over properly sync'd and jetted stock carbs. The bad thing about purchasing new carbs is I also need larger intakes and that means another $400 to $500 total. I am definetly wanting to run 91 octgane.

I was considering upgrading the carbs to 33pwk while Jeff has them on sale. But right now I am really looking for the best bang for my buck and I was not sure how much more hp they would gain over properly sync'd and jetted stock carbs. The bad thing about purchasing new carbs is I also need larger intakes and that means another $400 to $500 total. I am definetly wanting to run 91 octgane.

I have a set of intake's pm me if your interested.

You will outrun them EASY !!! :)

My '99 Banshee with just MINOR mods (T5's, milled head for elevation, Boysen's, K&N's, gearing) ...

Would outrun my buddies Raptor 700 easily, and also the LT450R's ...

I was only about 1 bike length behind a LT450R with high comp pistons and hot cams (pipes and K&N's also)

Then FINALLY after HOURS and HOURS of ridding time it finally needs a top end rebuild, it was slowing down :( Then a piston decided to have a hole in it ...

~DaVe

Edited by BumpaD_Z28