Air screw question

TeamRags

Can anyone tell me what a good starting point is for air screw adjustments? I had an issue with the carbs a few weeks back and now I have everything out of whack! I figure that I will just start over from scratch and get the thing dialed in.

Also, syncing the carbs, can I make the adjustments in the cable rather than adjusting the tors screws?

Thanks!

You never adjust the carb sinc at the tors idle screws.You pull the rubber boot back where the throttle cable goes into the tors box on left carb only.Loosen the locknut on top and you can turn the adjuster to raise or lower the slide.I have found the best way to sinc . by eye is to remove the carb boots or pod filters on the rear of the carbs and push the throttle and let the slides fall back down to the bottom and listen and look at how they land.They should both land at the same time and make one noise when they bottom out.They should also sit even before you start.This is the best way I have personally found how to set the carbs without the sinc. tool.You will also have to readjust the idle if you jacked with the tors screws tring to sinc. the carbs. I never had good luck uising the site glass method.

Mark

Oh ya, much appreciated guy's! Found the air screw to be off a bit and the carbs to be way out of sync. The left was lifting slightly before the right did anything. I did as suggested, adjusted from the adjusters on top of the tors and tightened up some slack near the thumb throttle. I turned both tors screws all the way left and the idle is dead on. She runs like a champ now. Thanks!

I also unplugged all tors connectors and the emergency brake plug. Shouldn't be any problems with that correct?

May run even better if you turn the air screws in alittle more if your running stock pilot and at sea level. Gonna be hard to get the carbs synced with tors boxes on. With all the linkage crap in the middle they seem to get out of sync easier.

I've actually ordered the kit, (motion pro) Im headed out this weekend to Dumont and wont have them in time so I went ahead and did what I did for the weekend. Kinda of paniced though, I had t taken apart waiting for the parts only to find out that they will not be ordered until Monday through the dealer. ( I had a $50 refferal card to use)

It was kind of strange, the bike sounded very strong but wouldn't idle, I unplugged everything now it idles and dont sound quite as deep? Thats why I started messing with things in the first place. Im hoping the kit will get rid of all my problems.

Nothing serious done to the bike, ported by MotoPerfect here in Rancho Cucamonga, 19cc cool head, +4 on the timing with stock 26ers. Not the fastest bike but usually runs pretty strong.

Thanks guys!

I've actually ordered the kit, (motion pro) Im headed out this weekend to Dumont and wont have them in time so I went ahead and did what I did for the weekend. Kinda of paniced though, I had t taken apart waiting for the parts only to find out that they will not be ordered until Monday through the dealer. ( I had a $50 refferal card to use)

It was kind of strange, the bike sounded very strong but wouldn't idle, I unplugged everything now it idles and dont sound quite as deep? Thats why I started messing with things in the first place. Im hoping the kit will get rid of all my problems.

Nothing serious done to the bike, ported by MotoPerfect here in Rancho Cucamonga, 19cc cool head, +4 on the timing with stock 26ers. Not the fastest bike but usually runs pretty strong.

Thanks guys!

you headed out to dumont over new years?