CHARIOT HEAD INSTALL

330 R killer

THAMKS GUYS YEA I FOUND OUT WERE THE OTHER ONE GOES LIKE U SAID IT GOES ON THE BACK SIDE THAT IS IS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO GET IN.. BUT OTHER THEN THAT IT WANT GREAT ON MY COMP IS 157 AT 1200 ABOVE SEE LEVEL WHEN I GET TO GLAMIS IT SHOULD JUMP TO ABOUT 182 GLAMIS IN 32 FEET BELOW SEA LEVEL..

That oring should be easy to put on. A trick to installing orings is to be careful not to slide your finger along the oring as you install it in the groove. Doing that stretches the oring almost everytime and the oring ends up wanting out of it's groove. As you press the oring in lift your finger up before moving along the oring.

Not trying to jack your thread 330 but i have a question on these lines. I just got my coolhead and im leaving for dumont on tuesday morning. Im running short on time. I havent put it on in fear of running into problems with installing it and not being able to take my bike. to my understanding it is an easy install, and to see into the future is impossible. but is there anything that would cause my installation to go bad? how long does the install take aprox.?

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

Not trying to jack your thread 330 but i have a question on these lines. I just got my coolhead and im leaving for dumont on tuesday morning. Im running short on time. I havent put it on in fear of running into problems with installing it and not being able to take my bike. to my understanding it is an easy install, and to see into the future is impossible. but is there anything that would cause my installation to go bad? how long does the install take aprox.?

If you have one of our heads and you have stock studs in your cylinders then it is an easy install.

WHAT SHOULD MY COMP BE IT IS 157 AT 1100 FEET ABOVE SEA LEVEL WITH 19CC DOMES...

Please take the caps lock off, it's the equivalent of shouting...

We need more info to help you.

Is it ported?

Are the threads for the compression gauge as long as spark plug threads?

Is it a cheapo compression tester or a good quality one (this makes a HUGE difference, trust me...)

Did you check it warm or cold?

Did you hold the throttle wide open?

Did you keep kicking until the needle didn't move any more (often this takes 20 to 30 kicks)

It is a pretty straight forward install. About the only think I can think of going wrong is having an oring come out of its groove. Then you pinch it and it leaks. Just use some vasoline on the O rings to help hold it in place.

josh

THANKS JOSH,I GOT IT ON RUNS GREAT AND LOOKS GREAT TOO..