Antifreeze Stained Chrome

j_rod421

Guys, I traded a set of Shearers for my Toomey T-5's plus some cash here recently for my new 421 Cub motor I'm building. The guys cool head failed him and soaked the exhaust with antifreeze. I've been cleaning them up and have been trying to get some of this stuff to pull out of the chrome. I talked to a harley guy and he said that it's pretty much there for life. I've been using chrome polish with very light steel wool so no swirling is caused. Does anybody have any suggestions or know a product out there that can help me out? Thanks!

Failing that, get them re-chromed.

Yeah, I agree with the Blue Magic. Another little trick that I've learned is after you start rubbing the black shit out of it, cover a rag or your hand with flower and rub it down. Sounds crazy, but I've taken ancient douglas rims and used this technique and they shine if not better than brand new ones. But, rechroming won't be done. Not that desperate. If nobody has any kind of other tricks, it will have to do. You can only notice it if the light hits it just right. I picked em up for the right price so I guess I shouldn't bitch. Still open to any suggestions though!