.90 over

TJScott

yea, you can get .090 over pistons.. i hope you didn't pay that much for those cylinders.. you can only go .100 over on them. so you have one more bore left if you are lucky... lets say you get it together with the .090 over pistons and you have a bad failure, lean it out, dirt gets in, or whatever, and the cylinders get grooved real bad, they will still have grooves in them even after boring them to .100 over... if you gotem cheap don't worry about it and rock on..!!!

just bought a welded crankshaft and two .90 over cylinders.

first question, is .90 over unsafe? are the walls too thin?

also, i just buy pistons labeled .90 over pistons right? btw, what cc does this make it?

thanks.

I have a buddy that has ran his 100 over cylinders for 3 years no problems, alot of drag racing and hard dune riding.At those bigger bores you have to run a little bigger domes to keep your compression in spec. I think he uses a 21cc with staight av gas.He had a 19cc when he first put it together and it had about 225 to 230 pounds of compression :cool:

never heard of 90 over.. its 80 or 100 over.. i thought

There are in between sizes like this but theyre not as common. 90 over isn't catastrophic but I'd say its on it's last bore, you can go 100 over but I usually make it a rule to get new cylinders at 80 over. You can run the 90's though