Playstation 3

Other gizmos like cordless phones, TV transmitters or other stuff that use 2,4 GHz can disrupt the WiFi signal...

At first I couldn't get online with mine or find the laptop to stream data from that. I switched off the TV transmitter that sends the sat-TV to the second floor and it worked perfectly. It's a cool feature to stream movies, mp3s or pictures from a computer. Just download TVersity and then you're on! Divx movies work kinda slow though, atleast on mine.

oh BTW does anybody know if the PS3 can be tricked to play all regions blu-ray?

Ordered Point Break with region A from the US, but my console is region B (europe)...gotta be able to play one of my favourite movies :blink:

Are you sure the DVD isn't region free?

Edit-

Nevermind, I looked it up. http://bluray.liesinc.net/ It's not.

I don't think there are any hacks for the PS3 yet...and if you figure out how to, it will probably just cripple your drives lol.

You can modify certain DVD players though to play all regions...I think the Panasonic BD30 or BD35 are the easiest. I'm not sure how you would do it in a PS3...I think it's really f*ing locked down.

So, at the moment it seems impossible. Give it some time, I guarantee something will come out. Probably a replacable drive, or mod chip.

Jepp, something will probably turn up...don't wanna try anything risky though...

DVD players usually just take some code w/ the remote and you're good to go

Jepp, something will probably turn up...don't wanna try anything risky though...

DVD players usually just take some code w/ the remote and you're good to go

I hear that!

Wait for the nerds to figure it out, lol. Then you can just pay one of them / buy something from them to mod it.

I can almost guarantee it will be a chip or drive. Who knows...people will probably be running full operating systems on them within a year or two.

Yeah i need to upgrade my router though. Roommate has a 360, i got a ps3, and there are 3 wireless laptops in the house so it gets busy i need a bigger and faster router.

If your planning to play online while your roommates are on other systems using the online service as well, a different router is not going to help you out a real great deal.

You need to make sure there is plently of bandwidth on your connection,another big key in using online gaming is making sure the latency of your ISP is low and not always saturated.

If your planning to play online while your roommates are on other systems using the online service as well, a different router is not going to help you out a real great deal.

You need to make sure there is plently of bandwidth on your connection,another big key in using online gaming is making sure the latency of your ISP is low and not always saturated.

I have no idea what your talking about..lol

"Bandwidth" - how much given information you can recieve in one amount of time, measured in Kilo-bits.

"Latency" - how long it takes the information to travel from you, to wherever its going --> back to you, measured in milli-seconds.

This is a primitive example, there are many other variables that come into play on how your bandwith or latency is effected...

Depending on what router your using now, no you will not see that much of a performance gain by switching routers.

However they do make routers designed for gaming, the pro to this is you can set bandwidth priorities/limits for everyone on the network.

Your connection to the internet is the largest factor though.