+3 A-arms

grizzly700

does anyone make +3 arms for banshees. i bet it would make a mean ass stance and handke awesome. i dont race so i dont need to meet the 50 in. rule. also would it put extra stress on the shocks. i was hoping to run yfz450 shocks maybe but if i have to buy aftermarket i will. srry if this has come up b4 but wen i sarched for it the "+" was messing up the search engine. lol thanks for any help and if ne pics r available plz post.

yes they exist, I even have a set :laugh: . Wicked makes em and I know there a couple of other companies as well but couldn't tell you who. Makes your bike 50" so its still legal. the banshee is a real narrow bike and +2 will only put you at 48". they should work great with yfz shocks.

as far as the yfz shocks fitting that will vary from company to company. My old a arms atv racing arms had ball joints they didn`t have any more travel than stock. My new ones fireball racing has heim joints they have more travel than stock. those shocks will fit with out having to compress them. Yes it will sit higher because the shock is longer. There is no way to say which brand is best. best is dependent on what you want/need. Some riders want basic extended a arms with no adjustments. Me I like adjustments because I have a habit of changing riding or racing styles. I wouldn`t recomend anything other than chromoly for steel in the a arm. You might have a choice between ball joints being press or screw in again depending on maker. screw in is much easier to replace when needed. You also may have the choice of getting heim style ball joints. some people don`t like them I have never had a issue with them. some a arm companies offer some pretty good waranties to if you bend or break them something to consider. They will run in price anywhere from the ebay 400 buckers on up to over a grand. again that depends on what you want

got the burgart +2+1's off ebay for like around 200 shipped. I have the yfz450 shocks and i cant be happier. I added a +4 gforce axle and the thing rides on rails. it does sit high but i like it like that. I just us the front break to pull it down on corners and stay in the gas. as for addjustments, im happy!!! and lifetime!!!

• 2 weeks later...

You would want arms that have camber and caster adjustment or you might end up with a Banshee that does not turn. Ride height will be determined by your shock length and the position of the lower arm mount. I use Timmy Boy +3+1. Don't know if that company is still around.

Ride on...

Call up Tim at Stellar Machine and Performance and tell him what you want he can make them and have the tie rods for them for around 300, and he can make anything you want and explain to you what each little change in stance or setting them forward will do. He's a great guy, I told him I'm looking at upgrading my suspension next winter and he still took time out to explain everything, give me a price, and let me know that they run specials on the website so look for the a-arms to go on sale... He's on here all the time I think his name is AZCUSTOMQUADS