J-Arm frame conversion

swhitey917

What year is your frame? There was some differences on the 87 model frames. Its actually 87-90 where the j-arm bikes.

my bad i couldn't remember if 89 or 90 was the last year for the j-arm. mine is an 89

What was the differences on the 87

Edited by swhitey917

I just looked at the conversion kit its 200.00 for it my new frame was like 550.00. So something for you to consider its not hard to swap everything over yourself. I am sure you can find a good used one for less. That way you don`t have to worry about it being done right.

Yeah i found a used frame i am wanting to buy but i just dont have all the money right know, the guy is asking $250 for it. then i will look into a-arms after that.

Yes the swingarm will bolt up ok.

The 87 had different mount locations for the chain sliders, so the 87 had different sized chain rollers. 89 has the odd ball hub bolt patterns and the different sized front brake calipers compared to the a-arm bikes. If you keep the same spindles and just add upper a-arms it will all work ok.