jetting after dyno

Woodrow7777

so i got my bike dyno tuned last season (dont ask for the graph i have lost it) by a local guy (he is in el reno OK ) i finally got around to looking at my jetting today and it seems way off from what everyone else runs

my mods are as follows

ported jugs

20cc domes

timing at +6

runs 110 at 32:1

stock carbs

so they put in 35 pilots and 290 mains.. this thing smokes like a chimney and it fouled a plug the other day. it runs cool as hell though!

i am no expert but i think i should be somewhere in the range of 30 pilot and 320-340 main.

i turned in the af to 1 turn out to see if it would help.

any suggestions i paid to get this thing set up so i am having a hard time wanting to change it :)

thx aaron

so i got my bike dyno tuned last season (dont ask for the graph i have lost it) by a local guy (he is in el reno OK ) i finally got around to looking at my jetting today and it seems way off from what everyone else runs

my mods are as follows

ported jugs

20cc domes

timing at +6

runs 110 at 32:1

stock carbs

so they put in 35 pilots and 290 mains.. this thing smokes like a chimney and it fouled a plug the other day. it runs cool as hell though!

i am no expert but i think i should be somewhere in the range of 30 pilot and 320-340 main.

i turned in the af to 1 turn out to see if it would help.

any suggestions i paid to get this thing set up so i am having a hard time wanting to change it :)

thx aaron

you cold bump the oil down a bit, maybe 40:1 mine was smoking and fouled when it got colder too. more fuel and less oil in the winter

some dyno guys try to get a perfect air fuel curve and its not possible or shouldnt be you want a 2 stroke to go lean then it will start to get on the pipe.

i had similar experience they put a huge pilot in it and if you just rode it around it would load up and wouldnt clear out very well.

lower your pilot to like a 30 and then re adjust your main.

and see how it runs.

some dyno guys try to get a perfect air fuel curve and its not possible or shouldnt be you want a 2 stroke to go lean then it will start to get on the pipe.

i had similar experience they put a huge pilot in it and if you just rode it around it would load up and wouldnt clear out very well.

lower your pilot to like a 30 and then re adjust your main.

and see how it runs.

thx gonna try that this week!! i just wanted to verify that my findings seemed off

first off i wouldnt listen to that info

each bike is different. and you jugs are ported.

290 mains are just big enough for bolt on mods

basically play with you bike and ride it and see how it acts.

my guess being its ported by who ever you will need 27.5 30 pilots and 320 mains +

but i dont know who ported your stuff.

just listen to your bike.

On my stocker with T5s and no porting, less than 1000 ft ASL, I ran 340 mains and 27.5 pilots.

I had both K&N Pods and a 1 into 2 Toomey foam filter...the jetting was the same for both.

I rode it that way in trails and dunes with those filters.

thx guys.. i got the 320's and 30 pilots in and Af out 1 turn.. i couldnt find any 27.5 so 30's were all i could come up with around here. the thing is so much more responsive!! it doesnt do that bottom end bog now and it can idle without fouling plugs!

thx for the help.

oh yeah im not killing my neighvborhood mosiquito population any longer either.. lol!!

later aaron