clutch

Gurnzz

my clutch blew when i was at silver lake. i replaced when i got home, it was definently gone. i also replaced clutch cable. went riding following day shee seemed to pull srong in every gear but second. when hitting second under heavy throttle tires dont even spin, once shifting into 3rd shee goes sideways like shee should be doing. so apparenty the power is not getting to the tires in 2nd gear. not really sure where to go with this. is there a gear that can wear out and cause this problem ??? any help,input,suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!! thanks Joe

my clutch blew when i was at silver lake. i replaced when i got home, it was definently gone. i also replaced clutch cable. went riding following day shee seemed to pull srong in every gear but second. when hitting second under heavy throttle tires dont even spin, once shifting into 3rd shee goes sideways like shee should be doing. so apparenty the power is not getting to the tires in 2nd gear. not really sure where to go with this. is there a gear that can wear out and cause this problem ??? any help,input,suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!! thanks Joe

Tires slipping on wheels. Put a mark on both and go ride it. If mark misaligns, there is your problem.

Brandon

You could have a worn pressure plate in your clutch pack.When they wear thin it does not put enough clamping pressure on your clutches.I had this same problem on my drag bike when we ran it up on the dyno the clutch started sipping at around 80hp and i even have a lockup clutch, took it apart and the clutches looked fine, replaced the worn pressure plate and now life is good.I don't know the spec on the plate but it is something to check.

hey firebanshee if the press plate were worn dont u think it would have same symptoms in all gears rather than just in 2nd? im not doubting u cuz ur shee looks nasty and i assume u prolly know more about them than i do. thanks

hey firebanshee if the press plate were worn dont u think it would have same symptoms in all gears rather than just in 2nd? im not doubting u cuz ur shee looks nasty and i assume u prolly know more about them than i do. thanks

Yea, when a clutch starts slipping it is usually under a heavy load in the higher gears,i am not sure what would cause a 2nd gear only problem.It is a constant mess tranny do you hear any stange noises when this happens.

I have had to replace second gear twice in about 4 years the dogs on the side of the gear wear out . But you can usally hear it slipping it makes a clicking noise very easy to hear other than that the bike runs fine. I can only guess there is a heavy load shifting from first to second I have repaced all the bearings and the shaft the gears ride on and the gear second meshes with. This time I bought a used tranny alot cheaper.

Good luck