is it possible?

BlasterKX

i have the toomey t6s with a toomey filter(which is getting replaced with K&N) and i want 1/2" reed spacers and vf3s and adjst. timing to +4 then maybe a noss head. i think that should tear up some gravel pits and sand hills huh? lol but if anything its all in fun and im sure we will video tape it

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the toomey t6s with a toomey filter(which is getting replaced with K&N) and i want 1/2" reed spacers and vf3s and adjst. timing to +4 then maybe a noss head. i think that should tear up some gravel pits and sand hills huh? lol but if anything its all in fun and im sure we will video tape it

port work would give you more of an increase overall and i think you would be much happier.

port work will make more of a difference than any other mod you can do but it all adds up.your talking about racing a 1/2 mile then your saying you want the power to hit on the bottom.if your going to be doing alot of high speed flying you need a drag port,if your doing alot of trail riding you need a trail port etc.i think if your trying to beat a lt 500 in a drag race you will need the drag port unless the lt is a turd.some bigger carbs will complement the port work as well.a cool head with some domes and race gas will help it alot 2.its all about what you are trying to do.

like i said im not trying to turn it into a dragger its still my trail bike but was just asking about it cuz my buddy got one and we r prob sooner or later going to race.lol i usualy ride in creeks gravel pits and sand hills and then some mud trails so its all kind of a mix. its hard to explain lol. but all depends upon my money flow on the amount of mods im getting. i do want vf3s and better filter etc. the more xpensive ones will be coing later

yeah i think i might do that first then. what cc domes should i go with? i know i need to find my elevation so how do i do that? and just a timing plate with oem stator is good right?

Port work and carbs would probably run around $250-$400 for porting, ~$300+ carbs. (Add shipping...maybe $22.00 one way for jugs.) So ~$700

I'd jump on one of the Holiday deals for the head... probably get everything for <$400.

For choosing domes you need to know a) your elevation, and B) do you want to run pump fuel, or race? (Think about cost and availability of race fuel in your area.)

I would order the Chariot Racing timing plate off of Ebay, about $55 shipped.

You will also need a fly wheel puller...you can use mine for free, as long as you pay shipping both ways. You might want to just buy one though, it would probably cost the same.

Here is my setup and its a great trail bike (for me keep in mind), and it will flat out haul balls. Its no 10 mil, but it will destroy a zilla non the less.

F.A.S.T. Play Port

Noss Head w/ 20cc domes

Toomey T5's

Wiseco Pistons

Wiseco Crank

VForce 3 Reeds

Lightened Flywheel

+4 Advanced Timing

YFZ450 shocks

Kenda Knarly's

+3 Durablue Axle

15 tooth front sprocket, 14 for technical stuff (my attempt to not blow the clutch to pieces all of the time)

I know this is more than enough stuff to beat a zilla, especially in a long race. :cool:

No one will ever agree on the "best" head.

I would do NOSS, or Pro Design.

Pro Design you have to put the new studs in....it's not that hard or anything, but it is another step.

I run Pro Design and love it. I'm sure some NOSS guys will chime in too.

I would run either...just happened to get a killer deal from NYUK on the PD one.