Looking for Screw in ball joints

regalrocket

there area lots of different ones

Cheap. I am going to machine my own threaded bushings and modify stock arms to accept screw in joints. My friend owns a CNC machine shop, and I am a 10 year race car fabricator, so its a shame to spend lots of money on aftermarket a-arms just to get screw in joints, when I can modify a set for free.

Cheap. I am going to machine my own threaded bushings and modify stock arms to accept screw in joints. My friend owns a CNC machine shop, and I am a 10 year race car fabricator, so its a shame to spend lots of money on aftermarket a-arms just to get screw in joints, when I can modify a set for free.

I dont know if this will help but check out a arm components on this website http://jjandaracing.com/ goodluck

well idk about where ur at but i can get some that id have to drill the spindle for bolts at SoCal speed shop or a few other places here. and they are like 5 bucks each. but like i said no more tapered shaft it just for bolts.

EDIT just looked at that web site, just get some hiems, drill the spindles, and make you some of those SICK bushings to make them VERY useable. it should only take a few minuets with a lathe to make a few

yes tapered not much is required at all, I have a reamer that fits in my drill press that is what I use. Just measure with a caliper the joint diameter and mark on the spindle the measurement. use the joint to test fit as you go once you do one you can mark the reamer to the depth you need to go...

yes tapered not much is required at all, I have a reamer that fits in my drill press that is what I use. Just measure with a caliper the joint diameter and mark on the spindle the measurement. use the joint to test fit as you go once you do one you can mark the reamer to the depth you need to go...

Would you happen to know the PN or the position on the VW tie rod (driver left/right.............) for the ball joints. It seems that there is a pile of options, and I wana order them offline due to price and avialibility. Thanks agian for the help.

Well I did some research, and came up with some options for people that are looking to do the same thing I am. The moog part number that works is ES2074R by Moog. They go for about 15 bucks a piece. They are getting harder to find, and it ends up that Ricky Stator also makes a similar style for 19 bucks a piece. We all have heard the RS rumors, so take that for what its worth. I will be ordering some of these, and doing a install write up. I will probably end up having my friend make up some of the threaded inserts for these. If I go that route, I will make up a bunch of them, and offer them on here for a few bucks so that others can do the same. I think that its silly that we have to buy entire new control arms when a simple mod can be accomplished to allow for simple replacement of the ball joints. More to follow.