case porting

tonyown

I'm gonna port my case soon I'd like to see some pics of ported case I made a search and didn't find any... can anyone put some pics here or give me a link of an existing post? And is there any tips I have to know before I begin this job? I've already read that I need to write a line with the gasket and then port with a dire grinder or a dremel but if you have anything else that can help me it'd be apreciated

Thank ya!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is talking about port matching his cases to his transfers on his cyclenders.....2001 are you that new in this game you don't know what case matching is????

Tony, my suggestion is to take this to somebody that has done it before there is more to doing this than a die grinder and a dremel...are you cyclenders ported allready? and are your transfers ported? if so your best bet is to take base gaskets and match them to your porting on your cyclenders, then take the gaskets you have trimmed and match those aginst the case....that would be the simplest way...

the way I started and learned from there....

he is talking about port matching his cases to his transfers on his cyclenders.....2001 are you that new in this game you don't know what case matching is????

Tony, my suggestion is to take this to somebody that has done it before there is more to doing this than a die grinder and a dremel...are you cyclenders ported allready? and are your transfers ported? if so your best bet is to take base gaskets and match them to your porting on your cyclenders, then take the gaskets you have trimmed and match those aginst the case....that would be the simplest way...

the way I started and learned from there....

wiz man.. don't be such an instigator :down: yah, if you read it a couple of times, you'll see that he's talking about case matching, but the way it's worded, the first thing that comes to mind, is port matching a v-8. i too thaught the same thing at first. stroker aint a bad guy and doesn't deserve a bashing. we're all trying to be helpfull here

Edited by AKheathen

sorry did not mean to step on toes, was just giving 2001 a hard time.....I thought his post was pretty strait forward considering the first sentece says

"I'm gonna port my case soon I'd like to see some pics of ported case I made a search and didn't find any... "

thought that was pretty clear....

Don't talk to me like I'm fuckin stupid. A case is a bottom end. Transfers and cylinders would be top end parts. I've never heard anybody call it that before. I've heard of port matching. Maybe that's why when he searched, he didn't find any posts on it. If you know something more than me, then nicely school me. Don't be a dick.

Don't talk to me like I'm fuckin stupid. A case is a bottom end. Transfers and cylinders would be top end parts. I've never heard anybody call it that before. I've heard of port matching. Maybe that's why when he searched, he didn't find any posts on it. If you know something more than me, then nicely school me. Don't be a dick.

2+2 =5. There...take that. LOL... J/K.

What I've done in the past is put a base gasket on the cases, use a sharpie or marker to mark where the gasket matches up...and grind that away.... Just be careful on the ignition/flywheel side, that's thin over there as is.

2+2 =5. There...take that. LOL... J/K.

What I've done in the past is put a base gasket on the cases, use a sharpie or marker to mark where the gasket matches up...and grind that away.... Just be careful on the ignition/flywheel side, that's thin over there as is.

Thanks for the class, dajogejr. :thumbsup: I had no clue what he was trying to say in the begining. Now I got what's being said. I was so pissed at Wiz's first sentence that I didn't even read some of his first post or anything after that. Guess if I read it, I would have knew what they were talking about. My apologies, Wiz. But, for future reference, you don't know me like that. I can't tell if you're joking or being serious. Smiley's would have helped.

Hum sory if I didn't use the right word... so I want to match the transfert lol :P

Thank you for pic trex and wiz my cylinders are already ported by jeff and I got all my stuff to make my 4mm stroker engine juste some mods to complete before I begin to built it.

:kiss: It is always fun to read guys remarks when one guy make a comment about another's intelligence. The fact is if you choose to do this yourself you might want to check out our catalog cause we offer an electric motor with full torque and any speed where as air tools have no control. We also have different handpieces and carbide cutters to help with the job at hand. Just give us a call at 1-800-762-6695 and we can send you a catalog. If you don't want to spend the money for the tools to do the job then please take it to someone who can do the job for you. No shame there. Always remember you can take more out but you can't put it back in. Making mistakes can cost alot in the end so you might want to practice with something before you start working on your ride. Good Luck from CC Specialty!!

LOL! I have always called it case porting... :blink: I've also heard it refferred to as case blending, case matching, case blueprinting... Then there is a thing called case tunnel porting and several other things that can be done to reduce low pressure areas and increase volume, flow and atomization while your there.

Edited by deckheight

:kiss: It is always fun to read guys remarks when one guy make a comment about another's intelligence. The fact is if you choose to do this yourself you might want to check out our catalog cause we offer an electric motor with full torque and any speed where as air tools have no control. We also have different handpieces and carbide cutters to help with the job at hand. Just give us a call at 1-800-762-6695 and we can send you a catalog. If you don't want to spend the money for the tools to do the job then please take it to someone who can do the job for you. No shame there. Always remember you can take more out but you can't put it back in. Making mistakes can cost alot in the end so you might want to practice with something before you start working on your ride. Good Luck from CC Specialty!!

i use alot of ur hand pieces and have 2 of the motors they work great... sorry to high jack... case porting match the transfers but also i like to open up the oil drillins to help lube the bearings.. dont polish make them a nice clean even finish .. if polished the fuel will stick to them causing a lean state hurting the out put of the motor... www.gassrx.com