runs but doesn't have alot of power

ptevo03

with the 50 and 152 it would be 4 to 5 cold then 1 maybe 2 kicks hot.

mine 1 to 2 kicks cold and first kick every time hot.when did you last do a compression test.also have you ever performed a leak down test,both of these test cold tell you alot.i seen in you sig like 145pnds compression but didnt know if you have done a compression test lately.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all you won't notice clutch slip until you are beyond 2nd (3rd or higher) gear wrapping out if the plates are worn, so that wouldn't explain a boggy 1st gear. I would definitely start by JUNKING that coil and ignition for a stock one. CDIs are either good or bad 99.9% of the time, that is they work or they don't, like a light bulb.

If you don't know how to seat of pants tune a Banshee plug chopping (mildly effective method at best), you should head in to a local shop with a dyno that has an O2 sniffer, invest the 90 or so dollars and get it dialed in exactly.

By doesn't have a lot of power, what is your basis for comparison? You also said you had a dune port job, who did it, what changes did they make to your ports? A hogged out intake port could cause really slow intake velocity which would create some nasty low end bog. The compression at 145lbs would indicate the exhaust port was left stock, which is typical of a dune port.

My one other 2 cents is that I have heard of a Dynogy (spelling?) coil not working properly and losing 10-14 HP due to not using BR plugs. The non resistor plugs were actually causing interference in the coil and just robbing the bike of all its power. What plugs are you running?

First of all you won't notice clutch slip until you are beyond 2nd (3rd or higher) gear wrapping out if the plates are worn, so that wouldn't explain a boggy 1st gear. I would definitely start by JUNKING that coil and ignition for a stock one. CDIs are either good or bad 99.9% of the time, that is they work or they don't, like a light bulb.

If you don't know how to seat of pants tune a Banshee plug chopping (mildly effective method at best), you should head in to a local shop with a dyno that has an O2 sniffer, invest the 90 or so dollars and get it dialed in exactly.

By doesn't have a lot of power, what is your basis for comparison? You also said you had a dune port job, who did it, what changes did they make to your ports? A hogged out intake port could cause really slow intake velocity which would create some nasty low end bog. The compression at 145lbs would indicate the exhaust port was left stock, which is typical of a dune port.

My one other 2 cents is that I have heard of a Dynogy (spelling?) coil not working properly and losing 10-14 HP due to not using BR plugs. The non resistor plugs were actually causing interference in the coil and just robbing the bike of all its power. What plugs are you running?

my comparison is i have a friend with a 02 warrior and i couldnt pull him and i have a 05 400ex with a 426 kit and pipe and it will kill the banshee. its a trail port pretty much just cleaned up not a lot of porting. im using NGK b8es plugs. thanks for the help and ill get the coil changed out this weekend.

my comparison is i have a friend with a 02 warrior and i couldnt pull him and i have a 05 400ex with a 426 kit and pipe and it will kill the banshee. its a trail port pretty much just cleaned up not a lot of porting. im using NGK b8es plugs. thanks for the help and ill get the coil changed out this weekend.

i would say you definitely have something wrong here,either of those quads should never be if front of the banshee unless your parked behind them.your comparison should be more like mine.i ride with a raptor 660 a yfz 450 and 2 400 ex's all the time and lets just say the yfz 450 is the fastest of the quads i ride with and i smoke him badly.if i was u i would address the problems b 4 i rode the banshee anymore cause i have a feeling you have more problems that meet the eye.im not sure whats wrong with your banshee but those quads you mentioned are two of the slowest quads out there in that cc category imo.hopefully you get it figured out soon cause when you do the hondas power will not satisfy you compared to your banshee.

did you mean nology.

i would say you definitely have something wrong here,either of those quads should never be if front of the banshee unless your parked behind them.your comparison should be more like mine.i ride with a raptor 660 a yfz 450 and 2 400 ex's all the time and lets just say the yfz 450 is the fastest of the quads i ride with and i smoke him badly.if i was u i would address the problems b 4 i rode the banshee anymore cause i have a feeling you have more problems that meet the eye.im not sure whats wrong with your banshee but those quads you mentioned are two of the slowest quads out there in that cc category imo.hopefully you get it figured out soon cause when you do the hondas power will not satisfy you compared to your banshee.

Well that gives me hope because I can't wait to see how fast it will be. I am going to try some things this weekend and report back. Thanks for everyone's help.

well i changed the coil and put the jets back to 50 and 152 witch was what i had it running at before. it would not run at all. now who does this make sence i had to take the cdi that i just had it running on last weeked off and put the procom back on before it would run. and it still doesnt have the power. also i tried a new harness and that didnt change anything. man im going crazy with this thing.

sounds like if it will run on the procom maybe the stock cdi isn't any good.

seems like it would run off either one of them if they was both good units.

as far as your motor not running good,I think something has been over looked here.

well about the cdi i have the shee running on that cdi last weekend and this weekend it would work. thats weird but thats what i think to either i have over looked something or i have bad gas maybe? i forgot to say i put a different harness on to and i omhed my stator.