runs but doesn't have alot of power

ptevo03

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, let's tart with syncing the carbs, the way i do this on my sleds is pull the pods. then, back the idle screws one at a time un till the slide bottoms out. count the turns it takes for each, add them and divide by 2. that will have the idle synced. do the same with the airscrews. next, put your fingers on the slides and push the throttle a little, if one moves first, adjust the cable on that one untill they move in unisen. now your synced. :thumbsup: without using the vaccuum tool anyway. next, does it sound zingy, throaty, or muffled? those pods really make her speak novels :laugh: now, pull one wire at a time and see if it runs on that cylinder. then change that coil, cus they're probably not both bad. was that a stock cdi that you put on?

ok, let's tart with syncing the carbs, the way i do this on my sleds is pull the pods. then, back the idle screws one at a time un till the slide bottoms out. count the turns it takes for each, add them and divide by 2. that will have the idle synced. do the same with the airscrews. next, put your fingers on the slides and push the throttle a little, if one moves first, adjust the cable on that one untill they move in unisen. now your synced. :thumbsup: without using the vaccuum tool anyway. next, does it sound zingy, throaty, or muffled? those pods really make her speak novels :laugh: now, pull one wire at a time and see if it runs on that cylinder. then change that coil, cus they're probably not both bad. was that a stock cdi that you put on?

[/quote

only one coil.... just sayin

he has another coil to try instead of the ricky sucksmore coil

Posted Today, 06:14 AM

i have a coil but i want it running before i change it so i know its good. also when i change the pilots i have to go back and forth with the idle screws to get it to run and then the idle sound ruff. it have good fuel flow and the plug boots and on good. i think today im going to try a few jet ideas get it running and switch the coil and go through the wiring and adds some grounds.

:whistling:

i have a coil but i want it running before i change it so i know its good. also when i change the pilots i have to go back and forth with the idle screws to get it to run and then the idle sound ruff. it have good fuel flow and the plug boots and on good. i think today im going to try a few jet ideas get it running and switch the coil and go through the wiring and adds some grounds.

the coil is easy to change just takes a minute to see if its the problem or not,or get the ohm meter out and ohm test the coil/coils which ever.i would put the stock coil back on and loose the r/s coil if it was me any way.i just read a moment ago about your quad not rolling freely,may not be your problem but could definitely cut in to your power if dragging.check bearings calipers etc.also have you checked your reeds to see if the pedals are seated against the reed cages.carb sync.also put in the new plugs would be one less thing to diagnose.

ill try the new coil and the cdi i put on is stock. i will make sure everything is in sync. i know both slides move together and i know both air screws are one and a half turns out. i have new axle bearings and wheel seals but my stock axle is bent a little so i have been waiting to get a new one before i put the new bearings in.

ill check the reeds but they are pretty much new. thanks for all the help with the mods i have it should be pretty nasty. also it is stock gearing.i think someone asked about the gearing

I replied about the gearing cause I wasn't sure the way you were talking about it not wanting to pull the wheels up and wouldn't run very fast. Made me start wondering about the gearing and if you were even letting the power band kick in before shifting into higher gears. Sorry, but there are a lot of guys comming on here not knowing how the banshee's react, respond, no problem we just don't know who knows what, so we throw it out there.

I replied about the gearing cause I wasn't sure the way you were talking about it not wanting to pull the wheels up and wouldn't run very fast. Made me start wondering about the gearing and if you were even letting the power band kick in before shifting into higher gears. Sorry, but there are a lot of guys comming on here not knowing how the banshee's react, respond, no problem we just don't know who knows what, so we throw it out there.

thats cool i understand. thats what i hate about letting my friends ride it they shift before the powerband and i have to tell them to wined it out.