Which Plug Wire Goes Where?

Roudy4x4

bansheefreak: that makes no sense.

locogato11283: I realize there is no compression, but that is not necessary for fuel to burn.

Maybe the spark is ineffective to ignite with so much flow going past the plug...

Dude.... Compression is EVERYTHING!!! Where is the spark plug in a diesel? With every PSI the Fuel air mixture becomes more volatile, No way w/o good compression any motor would run. Pour a little of your fuel on the ground and light it up, than try to make sense of the energy that flame is making..... Think that alone will move your Banshee? The mixtue in your cylinder isnt catching on fire.... Its flashing, and litterally exploding, because of the compression

Oh, I am not arguing the need for compression to run and produce power. (much less move a banshee)

My question was why the spark doesn't start the fuel burning at BDC when the the jug should have completed the intake period.

Hold one spark plug outside the cylinder and and see if it doesn't ignite the fuel/air coming out of the spark plug hole without any compression (can't do it with a banshee though). Static or slow moving fuel/air mixture will definitely burn without compression.

As for the comment about Diesel, besides the fact that it is a different process all together, compression creates heat. No spark plug needed because diesel is much higher compression. Enough that the heat generated by the compression causes the fuel burn to begin.

and fuel burns.. not explode... not in a properly functioning engine. (I believe gas exploding is considered detonation)

Oh, I am not arguing the need for compression to run and produce power. (much less move a banshee)

My question was why the spark doesn't start the fuel burning at BDC when the the jug should have completed the intake period.

Hold one spark plug outside the cylinder and and see if it doesn't ignite the fuel/air coming out of the spark plug hole without any compression (can't do it with a banshee though). Static or slow moving fuel/air mixture will definitely burn without compression.

As for the comment about Diesel, besides the fact that it is a different process all together, compression creates heat. No spark plug needed because diesel is much higher compression. Enough that the heat generated by the compression causes the fuel burn to begin.

and fuel burns.. not explode... not in a properly functioning engine. (I believe gas exploding is considered detonation)

Geuss your right there.... The mixture is burning.... Not exploding like a said, that would infact mean detonation. Either way, the mixture isnt igniting on its way in @ BDC..... Probably because there is basically a vacuum effect in the cylinder at that piont... No?