Misfiring cylinder

sthijk42023

I have an 06 Banshee and I get her to start, but Im only getting the left cylinder to fire, and the right is back firing... anyone got any ideas for me and how to fix it?

Do you still have the tors system on your bike? maybe the slide is hanging up a little and the tors is shutting your bike down or the tors system is malfunctioning,something to check.

Do you still have the tors system on your bike? maybe the slide is hanging up a little and the tors is shutting your bike down or the tors system is malfunctioning,something to check.

IDK what a TOR is? The slides are fine and they going up and down fine... Any other ideas? I could really use any help i can get!

IDK what a TOR is? The slides are fine and they going up and down fine... Any other ideas? I could really use any help i can get!

The tors system is those big awkward things sitting on top your carbs.If those are gone and you just have caps on your carbs and idle screws on the sides of your carbs someone has allready taken them off.

Yes, I have tors..... should they on a certain setting?

Honestly i would remove them,you can just unhook them and leave the carb tops on until you buy a tor removal kit which is what i would do,the kit comes with the tops and idle screws and directions on how to put it on it is easy to install and gives you so much more room for when you work on the bike.You need to do a search on this sight and it will tell you how to unhook it step by step.I am not saying this is what is wrong with your bike right now but these systems fail ALOT.You could just need new plugs or have a plugged jet in your carbs or bad plug boot or even a reed valve not sealing,but the tors is a good staring point if you have allready checked the obvious things.

The only thing you set on the tors is the idle with that big slotted screw on top.

Honestly i would remove them,you can just unhook them and leave the carb tops on until you buy a tor removal kit which is what i would do,the kit comes with the tops and idle screws and directions on how to put it on it is easy to install and gives you so much more room for when you work on the bike.You need to do a search on this sight and it will tell you how to unhook it step by step.I am not saying this is what is wrong with your bike right now but these systems fail ALOT.You could just need new plugs or have a plugged jet in your carbs or bad plug boot or even a reed valve not sealing,but the tors is a good staring point if you have allready checked the obvious things.

The only thing you set on the tors is the idle with that big slotted screw on top.

Why could the bike be starving for fuel? It runs for 30 seconds and then boggs and dies.... And it only runs on 1 full cylinder.. Could it be anything to do with the float?

If you are starving for fuel a float could be a problem ,but have you verified that you are starving for fuel.Right after the bike dies you could shut the fuel off at the fuel shut off so none drains in after the bike dies and then crack the drain screw on the float bowls and see if any fuel runs out that would tell you if it is a fuel delivery problem.

you should sync your carbs, get some new plugs, and check for good blue spark on both sides. set your air screws at 1 1/2 turns out, then run it and check your plugs again. the air screws are the ones on the left side of the carbs near the air box. on the other side of the carbs is a little glass window that you use to sync the carbs. they are hard to see through sometimes, so i wipe them off, and spray wd-40 on them. depress the throttle slowly, and little silver dot on each slide should reach the window at the same time, if they're out of sync, then pull the rubber boot back where the cable enters and youl find adjuster with lock nut. pull the metal sleeve outward while you turn the nuts. if the dot never shows up on one of them, then the slide is in backwards. turn each idle screw clockwise till the slide stops going down, then counterclockwise 3/4 turn. remember to adjust right and left together and they'll be synced. it is a good idea to sync them anytime they're apart. do a compression test too. run it, check your plugs, and report back. :thumbsup:

you should sync your carbs, get some new plugs, and check for good blue spark on both sides. set your air screws at 1 1/2 turns out, then run it and check your plugs again. the air screws are the ones on the left side of the carbs near the air box. on the other side of the carbs is a little glass window that you use to sync the carbs. they are hard to see through sometimes, so i wipe them off, and spray wd-40 on them. depress the throttle slowly, and little silver dot on each slide should reach the window at the same time, if they're out of sync, then pull the rubber boot back where the cable enters and youl find adjuster with lock nut. pull the metal sleeve outward while you turn the nuts. if the dot never shows up on one of them, then the slide is in backwards. turn each idle screw clockwise till the slide stops going down, then counterclockwise 3/4 turn. remember to adjust right and left together and they'll be synced. it is a good idea to sync them anytime they're apart. do a compression test too. run it, check your plugs, and report back. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone so far, Im working on it as I type, so ill be back wit a full report in a few..

ok... one of my reeds isn't completedly sealed (by a hair)... would it cause the cylinder not to fire correctly and would it make the bike die?

no. flip it over so the worn one is on the top it would have to be chipped or 2.5 mm gap to have a major effect. ounds like you're having fuel issues. i was typing over dinner last post, so i didn't see the posts before mine, switch to res, then crack the bowl drain screws. it should have a steady stream. if not, time to clean your carbs and adjust your floats. check the flow comming out of the feed lines too.

Edited by AKheathen

no. flip it over so the worn one is on the top it would have to be chipped or 2.5 mm gap to have a major effect. ounds like you're having fuel issues. i was typing over dinner last post, so i didn't see the posts before mine, switch to res, then crack the bowl drain screws. it should have a steady stream. if not, time to clean your carbs and adjust your floats. check the flow comming out of the feed lines too.

also, did you check for good blue spark yet?