engine seized

RUDEDAWG

a buddy of mine had the wristpin bearing on his shee, totally shatter. i believe it was a wiseco. this was 2 yrs ago. i think the current wiseco wristpin bearings are made in tiawan. i think their wristpins are too. never hear it happening much, but it does happen. i just heard from a local motorsports shop, that they won't be recommending pro-x pistons anymore, cause of 3 pistons failures on dirtbikes within 1 weeks time. what some junk now a days. everything is turning into china shit quality.

If you are uncomfortable with the Wiseco pin bearings, then buy the new ones from Yamaha.

Would the yamaha bearings work with a weisco/crank combo are they all the same? Thanks slo! :cool:

sry. for the double post.

Edited by RUDEDAWG

i'm 99% sure they will work.

my buddy had a bike he just baught, he was told it had just been rebuilt. so during the winter we too everything apart to get the frame powdercoated and took the head off and found the piston all beat up..turned out to be a wrist pin. weisco

LOL! Good luck with that! If there even is a problem... Wiseco policy used to be and as far as I know still is: "high performance part" no warranty. Again, if in fact Wiseco even is having "issues", it wouldn't be the first time. Based upon past experience with Wiseco and what I have just read in this thread... I would seriously consider using OEM bearings for a while just in case. I know I am personally going to!

The above is just my "personal opinion". I have no first hand knowledge of, or am I aware of any current reliability issues with Wiseco products as fact.

Sorry to hear about all the motor carnage... Jeeez

I would probably call Weisco, and see if they will replace it.

LOL! Good luck with that! If there even is a problem... Wiseco policy used to be and as far as I know still is: "high performance part" no warranty. Again, if in fact Wiseco even is having "issues", it wouldn't be the first time. Based upon past experience with Wiseco and what I have just read in this thread... I would seriously consider using OEM bearings for a while just in case. I know I am personally going to!

The above is just my "personal opinion". I have no first hand knowledge of, or am I aware of any current reliability issues with Wiseco products as fact.

Sorry to hear about all the motor carnage... Jeeez

I see where you're coming from, but it's just a stock replacement bearing. Right? Nothing high performance about that.

Wiseco will not do anything for you.

You'd have to have proof beyond a reasonable doubt it is not your fault.

In other words...

Measure any and all clearances, proove the jetting, ignition timing and fuel quality were all up to snuff...just to name a few.

Unless you kept detailed records of this AND were a big name shop, they're not going to do anything for you...

I've never personally had a wrist pin or pin bearing fail...but there's a first time for everything...

Just double check your installation.

I'd like to see pics of the pistons, top side and underneath the piston dome, cylinders, rods, what kind of oil, fuel, compression, etc....

I see where you're coming from, but it's just a stock replacement bearing. Right? Nothing high performance about that.

dude, the only performance gain you could possibly get out of a bearing is when you switch from a bushing to roller (talking bearings in general) all you want to focus on is reliability, and what's more reliable than a product that has to be warrantied for 10,000 times it's value (coincedental damage) yamaha knows when they build the engines that they will be severely abused while under waranty, so the parts are reliable enough to last quite a while longer than 3 hours. most pistons come with replicas of stock parts unless otherwise stated- i.e. oversized wristpin/ rod/ piston package or improoved alloys, lubrication, etcetera... btw, did it go together easy and moove freely?

Edited by AKheathen

All Wiseco markets in banshee land are high performance parts...

Like dajogejr said, I have never had a wrist pin bearing (caged or otherwise) grenade either. Possibley just a bad one??? Or a bad batch??? In my personal opinion, chances are way less than average that anyone will ever get a straight answer from the powers that be at Wiseco. At any rate, I am going OEM until the dust settles...

Wiseco will not do anything for you.

You'd have to have proof beyond a reasonable doubt it is not your fault.

In other words...

Measure any and all clearances, proove the jetting, ignition timing and fuel quality were all up to snuff...just to name a few.

Unless you kept detailed records of this AND were a big name shop, they're not going to do anything for you...

I've never personally had a wrist pin or pin bearing fail...but there's a first time for everything...

Just double check your installation.

I'd like to see pics of the pistons, top side and underneath the piston dome, cylinders, rods, what kind of oil, fuel, compression, etc....

I'll get some pics up soon as I get back into town to take them, just imagine about 10 needle bearings riding on top of your piston@ 8 or 9 thousand rpms, thats what it looks like. as far as jetting, I did a plug chop before going wot. and they looked tits. I have always used yamalube without a problem at all. The other cylinder and piston look perfect and perfect burn pattern on top of the piston as well. I don't know if it would be worth it to take the cylinder back to a machine shop to check if the bore is square, I think I'll just cut my losses on this one and move on. As far is compression I was running 168 psi. on both cylinders, running 110 trick racing fuel, timing was right at 3 degrees advanced , 270 main jets, @ 4800' elevation. I noticed when I took the cylinder off, there was no abnormal wear on the piston skirts that I could see. If anyone has any more info. I would appreciate it cause I am stumped! :confused: