Think i can beat a 700raptor or yfz450?

SpeedRacer88

i think you could take him, the yfz will prolly be a little easier the 700 they are torque monsters and with just the 3 mods can get more hp than most quads ,most people who ride the raptors rev them too high out of the range of power, they dont make power up top like the 450s you have to shift at lower rpms to suceed at going as fast as they can

This past season I had my cylinders ported, advanced my timing and went to the pods. Still running stock carbs with the tors system.

I raced several 450's at Dumont and had no problems, the 700?, I got him out of the hole, he pulled slightly ahead (1/2 bike) I caught him in 4th and we stayed neck and neck for the last 200' or so.

I know a few of the 450's had SOME work nothing major and the 700 had a pipe that I know of.

Im not all impressed with my bike but it will take me anywhere I want to go in the dunes.

Having difficulties with it today though. Went to fire it up for our first trip and Im getting nothing out of the brake side exhaust. Removed the carb and it was a little cruddy so i cleaned it out and still had problems. I looked into the carbs and noticed that the slides are slightly uneven when I apply the throttle. I attempted to adjust the cables at the carb and screwed everything up! The throttle now sticks and I have given up for the day. I'll try again tomorrow. It did sound better though!

dumont020.jpg

well my son has a stock banshee with only t-5's and rejetting. he has run several raptor 660 and raptor 700 and beat them every time. we run asphault 1/8 mile. while the raptors are raring up the banshee is gone. so this guy wanted to run from a rolling start and it was even worse. 2-4 bike links everytime. cant say bout all banshees cos this 1 outruns all the other stock banshees but raptors are no problem. hav outrun the 450yfz too. but on the same token my buddy has a banshee that cant outrun a raptor. i do believe its in his riding and tuning but some people you cant help. anyway raptors shouldnt be a problem

with my mods below in a drag?

Here is my two cents you did not say drags race on pavement or sand .So i in my opinion in sand going against a yfz 450 you are going to be neck and neck as for the raptird 700 you will lose there is no replacement for displacement.Now i know i am going against the grain here but i have 2005 yfz450 (my wifes bike )that has yoshimura exhaust, two brothers cdi box. lightened fly wheel .direct drive lock out clutch ,timing trick done ,four over swing arm, 38 tooth rear sprocket,k&n filter. The top end and bottom end are still factory as is the clutch .I can take my buddys four mill banshee off the line in 100 to 150 yard drag up the bowl (hill) now dont get me wrong he will hand me my ass when start to get to the top end anything longer than 150 yards .And yes he knows how to ride and when i start to lose on the yfz450 i pull out the big guns the 460cc pictured below and it is on .

You have approximately the same mods as I do, and I raced a 700 with the trick exhaust and some sort of electronic plug in power booster and it wasnt even close. We were at St anthonys sand dunes in idaho and we were racing up choke cherry. I gave the raptor about a 30 yard head start and had him passed by about the time we were half the way up the hill. I was able to get to the top, turn around and shut the bike down before he came over the top, I was not impressed!