piston rings

some87

guys i would use the search right now but im in between classes and dont have much time to check but i need to order some new rings right after i get out of class and just wanted some opinions on some rings for a good price. i would really aprishiate it.

is that kit just for one piston? and if you are going to buy new pistons then i would take the jugs off and measure them before buying anything, you need to find out if they need to be bored out,because they could be a little worn from running original stuff for so long, if you do need them bored go as little as possible.

and weisco pistons are the best for the banshees

but i think a piston kit with cometic gasket is going to run you about $160-$190

and if you need to bore it then that will cost you more

Edited by travis6767

• 3 weeks later...
hay guys i checked my compresson again today and guise what??????? its at 70 psi ~.~ i did that whole engine rebuild for nothing. they were at 75 psi before and now its lower with new pistons. I HATE YOU GUYS lol jk

What?? Somethins not right.. Not to offend you at all but is teh guage you are using known to be accurate and are you checking the compression correctly? IE Both plugs out,(ign off of coarse) throttle wide open, kickin till needle stops? 75psi is WAY low.. Also with you re-build did you do it all "correctly" or did ya cut some corners?

RIPPEN