will +4 swinger be enough?

dragbanshee98

i have been in the process of overhauling a banshee that i bought over the summer... it is described below... was wonderin if teh +4 swinger will be enough to keep the front end down when i sand drag on a first gear take off... am not able to actually run the bike till spring due to the snowy weather... if u guys dont think so it would be nice to know so i can get somethin longer

Looks like you have the pretty much the same set up I had this past summer, I am now going bigger. I had a +6 on mine and it did pretty good. Don't think I would have gone any less than the +6 for drag racing. If you want a plus 6, I still have mine sitting in the garage, or I'm sure if you post in the wanted ad's you could find one for sure.

I run a +4 on my 421 CVheetah PV and it is just fine. The front does lift if I launch in first but if you can ride it out you'll be fine...If you straight drag you may want a +6...If you dune and drag say with the +4...it will take a little effort/technique to turn it sharply with a +6

thanks for the help guys... i was also looking into changing up the supsension system, get it lowered for the drags, what do u guys suggest? i have a steel bar that came with the swinger when i bought it used, and it puts the swinger about level but dont know if i want that... what are my options for aftermarket shocks that will give me a super low ride but still keep me suspended well? i had thought about making some rods and settine the entire chassis up solid... is this a good idea or not? any help would be appreciated

I don't see any portwork in your sig, your +4 will be just fine. Once you step up to some aggressive porting then you will want to look into a +6 or +8 for dragging. My mods are in my sig and I love my +2 for duning, but it gets a little wild to launch during a drag race.

As far as strutting the whole suspension it works well on a nice groomed track, but I wouldn't recommend it for dune dragging or hill racing. Marvin Shaw's are nice for lowering your stance and shedding a ton of weight off.

how bad is it to navigate a +6...Does the turning radi suck? could you use it for trails also

I hear a bunch of people on here complaining about the turning radius with a +6. But, I think most of those people are on the dunes with paddle tires. I don't have a problem with it, cause I ride in the dirt. I just sling the ass end around. The long ass swinger makes that easier to do in the dirt. As long as you ain't riding in the sand with paddles, I don't think it should be a problem.

Have you measured your +4? The stock style swingers that I've seen measure 2 inches longer than the round carrier swingarms. For example I have a +4 stock style, and it measures exactly the same as my round carrier +6. I've seen a +8 measure +10.

You want your swingarm as short as you can handle it. I ran a 4 over with no bar and 3 inch foward a-arms on a gas 350 and ran 4.40s consistent with the best time of 4.33. This was on dirt with pro-wedges. Sand with paddles and your suspension setup will make a difference though, but with the mods in your sig i would stick with the 4