Repeatedly fouling plugs...

acfine

I'm running Amsoil Injector 30:1 Sounds to me your using walmart shit 50:1 Quality of oil is nothing to mess with. I have no smoke and plugs look like new every time I check them

I 've been using Yamalube R at 50:1... I never fouled a plug once until I added my timing plate and set it at +4. The mods are in my signature, could it be as simple as running a hotter spark plug?

Thanks,

Anthony

Edited by acfine

My personal opinion, I don't like Yamalube. It burns dirty. I would try Klotz, Amsoil, or Castor927. I use Maxima SuperM, which is made by the people that make 927. There's alot of different brands of good oil. What plugs are you using now? Most people, including myself, use NGK #BR8ES. 9's are colder, and 7's are hotter. You shouldn't have to use anything hotter than the 8's with your setup. Since you bumped up your timing, have you upped you octane? Shouldn't have anything to do with oil being on the plugs, I'm just wondering. I just put this chart on someone else's thread. It's a good tool to have.

SparkPlug.gif

My personal opinion, I don't like Yamalube. It burns dirty. I would try Klotz, Amsoil, or Castor927. I use Maxima SuperM, which is made by the people that make 927. There's alot of different brands of good oil. What plugs are you using now? Most people, including myself, use NGK #BR8ES. 9's are colder, and 7's are hotter. You shouldn't have to use anything hotter than the 8's with your setup. Since you bumped up your timing, have you upped you octane? Shouldn't have anything to do with oil being on the plugs, I'm just wondering. I just put this chart on someone else's thread. It's a good tool to have.

SparkPlug.gif

Thanks Stroker... I've tried 2 different sets of plugs, so I don't know right off hand which I have in right now, I'll check it tonight.

When I was looking at which head to buy, I did quite a bit of talking with David at NOSS, and he said I could run 93 Octane with 21cc domes, which is what I run. I'm definately gonna try one of the other oils mentioned above and see how that goes...

And thanks for the diagram too, cool diagram and informational...

Anthony

(image here...)

I'm running 8's... This never happened once bofre the timing plate, that was the ONLY mod made and now it's a fouled or both fouled each ride. The first one, on the "choke" side was wet and oily, the second time it was clumpy, like it had dirty and oil caked on...

:confused:

I'm running NGK R BR8ES, well, that's what's in there now, I put those in after my others fould, and they could have been 9's, I mean I bought the 8's for a reason, and they were a different set than I've ever used is why it's throwing me a bit. I'm gonna see how they do, if still fouling, I may either go with a set of 7's, or retard the plate maybe 2 degrees...dunno

I'll upgrade to a better oil, thats for sure. Any recommendations on the best place to get some of the mentioned oils, Klotz, Amsoil, Castor927, etc... And do wny of these places sell by the case too?

Thanks,

Anthony

I never fouled a plug once until I advanced my timing. As soon as I did that, fouling plugs became an every ride issue. Is Yamalube THAT dirty? My buddy's shee never fouls a plug and runs the same oil as I have been, the Yamalube R. :confused:

Hmm, what about the air gap on the pick up? Did you set it at 20 thou? Could be a weak spark from an excessive gap.

I prefer Klotz to Yamalube, but if you have been using the yamalube for a while and this fouling issue just recently started then I doubt it

Hmm, what about the air gap on the pick up? Did you set it at 20 thou? Could be a weak spark from an excessive gap.

I prefer Klotz to Yamalube, but if you have been using the yamalube for a while and this fouling issue just recently started then I doubt it

Edited by acfine